Status
Not open for further replies.
http://medicalairmattress.com. This is the company I ordered from. I originally didn't post the name because I'm new to posting and thought names / brands would go to moderation! I purchased the pm 8080 for $1440. Thankfully my sister in law makes wool mittens out of recycled wool sweaters which has been a great on-going fundraiser!

Every 'body' is so different so I hope all of you find what works! Ours should arrive today so I'll keep you posted!

My post went to moderation--ah ha as expected! Hopefully the add'l info about the mattress we purchased will show up soon!

hey Marie, any link to a website will go to moderation ... I think if you remove the h t t p : / / from the front it might prevent that, but then it won't be a clickable link

great information here on the mattresses, I will come back to this thread if the one we are using stops being so good for my PALS (as I've learned that nothing stays the same or necessarily works all the time)

@Dawood I still use a medical grade sheepskin on top of our alternating air mattress as my PALS is very thin and finds all surfaces hard when others find them soft

I think that since my pals can't move in any way, he too feels that all surfaces are too hard. I don't blame him, I just sometimes run out of ideas. Have any of you tried a draw sheet to help move him around the bed or other surfaces? I got a 52x30 inch one that is waterproof off of Amazon and it has done wonders. If I need to put a pillow under his hip, just pull up on the sheet and slip it under.

I have started using slip sheets, they are so easy to use.

I went shopping today...online and bought some stuff to hopefully make bedtime more comfortable. got everything on amazon. a mattress topper with alternating pressure, a side sleeper foam contoured pillow, a knee support pillow shaped like an "I" (using a beach towel right now) and a long round pillow to support his top arm and elbow (again with the rolled beach towel right now). then I decided to throw in a couple of waterproof pad just to be on the safe side, and a synthetic sheep skin pad for fun.

I can't wait for it all to arrive! I am hoping with my fingers and toes crossed that all this stuff make him more comfortable and able to sleep better. We all know--if the pals sleeps good, so does the cals :) .

Wow that is some retail therapy Barbie!

I hope you can give us some feedback in the next week on how each of those items are working or not? I like the sound of the knee pillow and the long round ones.

In my last post I said slip sheets but I meant slide sheets...

Amazon is great. That is where I got a lot of stuff for my sis. Got her bed pads (both water proof ones and disposable) from there. I ordered the disposable ones from there by the case at a pretty good price and got her Ensure that way too.

It drives me crazy when I have to shop on Amazon.ca and find the prices so much higher. I have ordered some things and had them shipped to our post office box in the US, but we don't go there that often, and I have to time the order right. But even so I do love amazon, as I live in a small city, was a town up until 3 years ago and the shopping here us very poor. I have always been a bit of a homebody when not at work so I love it when it is delivered right to my door. I have been thinking about ordering the leakproof urinal for my PALS and a soaker pad for accidents.

Just an update on the alternating air pressure mattress. About 3 weeks ago, we got the one that Annie's Phil showed a picture of earlier in this post. My PALS has been sleeping great on it. It can get hard, but it has settings to be a little softer and without telling him, I move it around just a little each day, so it is never as hard or as soft as the day before. ps, the waterproof pads do wear out, if you don't dry them or wash them with fabric softener, they will be okay for a little longer.
Mary.

I ordered the drive medical model, I just hope we like it. if not, returns are easy at least with Amazon and I will order the Invacare. very excited--got the shipped email so everything should be here by Friday!

No matter that with his FTD at times my PALS complains about his (everything is either cr ap or stupid junk when he has a problem, so one night he says he didn't move and just slept all night long, next night the mattress is cr ap), I think ours is brilliant and when I can convince him to spend a couple of hours a day on his side, he sleeps deeply and his bottom is well relieved.

Let us know how your one goes Barbie.

Mary you are just so my kind of gal! I love that you change the settings a bit like that, such a giggle. I've not done that, and blow me down he knows if it isn't on the right setting lol

oh darn, my post went to moderation, I hope it wasn't the word bot tom :shock:

Keep it clean Tillie. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back