ALSA post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was the only one critical of some large ALSA Chapters. The Chapter Rep for my county stopped by my house once in my first year, and never since (and I live near the offramp they take for the local VA meetings). I gave up on them after numerous unanswered calls, and switched to the much smaller neighbor county Chapter. The small Chapter responded, and know me by name and face.

I have had dealings with the Golden West Chapter for the last few months and so far am very happy with the information and support I've received so far. I always get a prompt response when I need something, and guidance to helpful resources.

In Phoenix, the team is excellent. They did a lot on the fly to make their goal in spite of the pandemic. The % raised is really high in care services which directly impacts pALS & cALS. I have seen much from MNSDND and they are excellent too. I have had many friends move and didn't like the new location's way of doing things. They ended up logging into their original Chapter support group. But even as great as I think they are, there always are some who have a bad experience. O6en the pALS/cALS just want to complain, which is often a part of the helplessness of ALS.

I would recommend being very specific of what you need, issue, desire whatever AND don't do it in a negative manner.

It has been a long time since I visited the ALS Forum and not much has changed. There are many things that still need changing and those changes vary by location and participants.

One of my friends moved out, a little north of you and he ended up logging into our group and he donated a lot of $ to our Chapter. You would think with all of the movie and TV people donating a lot, then money would be plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back