Status
Not open for further replies.
You are all wonderful, thank you for replying. I'm sorry my experience wasn't some kind of fluke, like I was hoping. And, AKmom, "we don't work with people who have whatever you have" is, flat out, the most offensive thing I can imagine being told. I'm very sorry for that person's insensitivity and lack of professionalism. Good grief.

Good luck to everybody.

Hi Desert Gypsy.

The Care Services Director asked me to post the following for you and your mom:

My name is Madelon Thomson, Director of Care Services for The ALS Association Golden West Chapter. I am so sorry that you had this experience. The ALS Association provides services and support to people with ALS, PLS, and PMA, as well as to their families.

I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention as we strive to provide the best support possible to everyone who calls. We have brought this particular event to the attention of our Chapter and National staff and will continue to use this unfortunate experience as a training opportunity.

I don’t have your direct contact information, so please email me at [email protected] or call us toll free at (866)-750-2572 so that we can assist you.

Again, I apologize and I look forward to your call.

Sincerely,

Madelon Thomson LCSW
Director of Care Services
The ALS Association Golden West Chapter

SBMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back