Not open for further replies.

violetivy

Country
US
State
NY
City
Center Moriches
Hello, I am so grateful to find this site. I would appreciate any feedback. A few weeks ago, my muscles started to twitch and 'roll' all over. I was unable to work out like I used to and now, because of the twitching and muscle fatigue, I am unable to work out at all. This all happened in the span of two weeks. I have okay days, and bad days. I find that if I do too much, my muscles burn - the thigh muscles BURN like i've run a marathon. I feel a muscle weakness, but haven't been tested. I have been taking diazapam to help with the twitching, and it does take the edge off usually. I am a 38 year old woman and I have a special needs daughter that I need to take care of. I went to my dr. and he took a lot of blood, which I'm waiting for the results now. I just want to be able to take care of my daughter. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

one more thing...

I should also mention that some days it's hard to get out of bed, i am so tired. i think this is from the twiching..etc. On those days, walking up steps causes my muscles to burn.

Hi there. The type of pain and burning sensations are not normally associated with ALS. You're seeing a doctor which is good. Try not to worry about the bad things that may or may not be ahead. It could be something simple like a virus.

AL.

Thank you, Al. I got a call from my Dr. this evening, but I was with my daughter and couldn't get to the phone. He said he'd call me over the weekend, so hopefully, I'll get some more results back and go from there. I appreciate your response.

How did you come to be on the diazapam...?

Lydia

I got it from the Dr. to help with twitching..etc. It does help somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back