Status
Not open for further replies.
For Real

Im done posting. I will still view messages. If you would like to speak with me please private message me.

Thanks,
Lou

You know what you whiney chicken shit. Just to make it easier for you not to post I'll suspend you for 30 days. I've done this once in 4 years before. You've really made me mad you wimpy cry baby. You can email others here and cry to them. I don't care. We've spent a week pandering to you. There are real people here dying and they don't whine as much as you. You make me sick. If I wasn't already sick with REAL ALS.

AL

Al,

You are the man! I love your postings on this thread and thanks for the 30 days!
I believe that the only thing Lou has been looking for is sympathy. Well, I feel sorry for him that the docs can't diagnosed him (and I have to believe they have tried hard). I feel sorry that he probably will drive himself crazy believing he has something that he probably does not. I mostly feel sorry for his wife and offspring.

If you ever catch me whining, Al, spank the hell out of me, too!

Zaphoon

Just in case anyone is wondering, no I have not lost it. I've had a busy week, am about 3 days behind in reading posts and fed up again. Lee asks me why I put up with this stuff but you have to give people a chance to get their head straight. Two years is enough for Lou. If he hasn't figured it out by now he probably never will. So please DO NOT start posting about poor Lou. PM among yourselves but I don't want to hear it. Thank you all who are diagnosed and those of you not. We can get through this.

AL.

al

please let us know if there is anything we can do with regards to the forum to make things easier for you.
we all are very thankfull for what you do for us here.
take good care.
caroline:)

Holy cats. The crunchy loose meat sandwiches I am making for the game tonight ( GO HUSKERS!) certainly has cooked to the bottom of the pot by now ( I came to the forum to rest my feet a bit) but got really interested in this thread. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.... You guys are something....I think this forum would be a HOOT on a House episode. I can literally visualize Al out on his mower plowing down trees with steam rolling out of his ears.

It is to wonder, don't you think, Cindy?

Al, you are patient enough to give everyone a chance so I don't blame you for losing that patience once and awhile. Interestingly, the only other folks I have seen you ban (except advertisers and scammers, of course,) are those who want to take up everybody's time with the same old story over and over.

Caroline- you help in many ways. On a good day it takes me about an hour or so to read each post. Al does not type with all ten fingers so I am sure it must take longer for him. (So far my employer has not noticed that I spend about five hours a week on this board.) So you can see how it helps to know our knowledgeable and caring members are helping each other and the newcomers out.

I've said it before but it bears repeating: Al and I volunteer around here, and David pays out of pocket to put this site up. It gets so many hits that I am sure he could make money by selling advertisements but he believes people who come here should not have to wade through a bunch of advertisements in order to get down to the reason they are here.

:lol: Please not I am not breaking my own rule about complaining. It is just that I got another email from someone who thinks I am not earning my pay, and I am sure Al gets those type of emails, too. I just want to be clear that nobody is making money from this site.

As for me, I do this because, for the one or two unpleasant emails I get on occasion, we get hundreds of acknowledgments that this site is helpful. So I put in those hours, knowing that the time devoted is worth it to everybody except one or two, literally. Sorry if this sounds like a rant. I am not in a ranting mood, honestly. Just trying to explain, is all. :smile:

Thanks to all the volunteers ... moderators especially ... and posters who keep this forum functioning and helpful.

It is a "safe haven" for PALS and CALS. We all need to be able to connect with others who know exactly what we are going through ... with no need for explanations, apologies, etc. You guys are doing a fantastic job!

BethU

i am not moaning,honestly lol.
but my fine motor skills and coordination are so poor i type with one finger.
my son laughs at this and it can take upto half an hour to type out a decent sized post or email ,so i try to keep it short and sweet.
ofton when i reply to a post i find others have "pip,ed me to the post"lol,very frustrating.
7-8 minutes to type this,not doing too bad today.
thankyou for your kind words cindy,you do an amazing job to say you are till working and so ill.
make that 11mins now:roll:
take good care.
caroline:-D.

Thank you Caroline. The fact that I can still work is one of the things that makes me believe I am not all that ill. I thought a couple of time I would have to quit- like when my legs cramped too much to drive - but Quinine takes care of that. I have trouble with stairs, so they let me move my work space down to the first floor. And occasionally I find it hard to get up off the toilet, but I am holding off asking them to remodel the bathroom. I think I'd have to admit to myself that I need it, first.

Mostly I get extremely tired, and on days when my Oxygen blood levels are off I feel headachey and nauseous. But I am relatively strong, and after two full years of symptoms, too. Gives me a lot of hope when I realize this.

cindy

you are so modest,i get the feeling you play down alot of your symptoms.
i think the fact is you are made of stronger stuff than alot of us.
you must be a credit to your employers if they go out of there way to make you more comfortable at work.
i was told i had to resign after the first 6mths of being ill,was told i was too ill to perform my job properly.
i think they could tell i was going to get worse ,so they wanted another workhorse.
there loss!
take good care.
caroline:-D

Thanks Caroline. That's terrible the way they treated you. Over here we have a disabilities act that protects employees from a lot of that kind of thing, but the place I work probably would not need to be told what to do by a law- they are great. (I do have trouble with my immediate supervisor but she is in the early stages of AZ, thus she sometimes forgets to edit her responses to me.)

My biggest issue comes when I have to spend a lot of time on the phone. I get out of breath and the nausea sets in, which I HATE! :mad:

And someone discovered that apparently I am not too bad with a camera, so now the big boss asks me to go out and take photos quite often. That's a little more energy that I need to expend, but worth it when my photos show up in company brochures or the annual report, as this impresses my family, it seems. :smile: Who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back