Not open for further replies.

Est

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
02/2023
Country
UK
Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing good.
I want to share my story. I am a 31 year old male from Estonia, Europe. About a Month ago i started to have twitches. Firstly, really fast twitches in one area of my upper back but after few days the twitches moved all over my body - legs, hands, shoulders and eyes. Sometimes really rarely in the face ( no tounge twitches so far). About 7 days ago i started to feel my left hand a bit weak. It is a strange feeling, it is not stiff but like the similar feeling to when you have had a workout at gym. One day i lifted a glass of water and my hand was shaking. I feel like i dont have strength in my shoulder. Also, during my sleep i have had many occasions where my hand/shoulder dies although on some of these occasions i was sleeping on my back and one night i had a short period of pain near my right hands wrist.
I have had my cervical spine mri, and they found that i have muscle atrophy/fatty in my L5-S1 paraspinal muscle. I Googled it yesterday and i am so terrified because i found out that muscle atrophy and increase of fatty is exactly caused by ALS. I have my ENMG coming up on 27 april.

I started to have muscle twitches 1-2 days after i went to have a massage after quite a while. At first i thought maybe i had my symptoms because of that.

Also i have had low back pain for quite a while and some symptoms(atrophy/fatty) may be connected to this but i didnt find any connection between my hand weakness and low back pain...

I am really terrified because i have a pregnant girlriend who will give a birth to our first baby and i might have a conditions like this...

To add to my previous post, i have often pins and needles in my leg whenever i am in a bit different position. I also have had a few episodes where i feel numbness in my leg just for a short brief moment

You are terrified that your girl friend is about to give birth and you might
not be able to care for the baby or worse not be there.

*We have seen this same fear and anxiety from many before you.

And once again as written so many times before… you are only 31 years
old. Again and again,.. the odds (6 digits) are huge against you having
ALS. ALS is a rare disease itself.

Do yourself a favor… stop Dr. Google and stop reading old threads
on this site until April 27th.

Try hard not to let Health Anxiety become an aggravating cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back