Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Masetchusets
City
Boston
Hi everyone.. :)

Im 24 year old male, that began to have some twitches in my fingers, legs (well I think i've had them everywhere) 6 months ago.. :)

I didn't think much about it at first, I was under excessive stress and anxiety at the time..
But then I began (4 months ago) to find burning sensations in my legs, every day.. that has almost gone completely away now though, but the twitches and prickling feeling in my legs were still there.. At this time I also developed a lump in the throat and sometimes difficult swallowing.. (which has been coming and going ever since)

I went to a Nero (2 weeks ago) and he did not see the need to send me to an EMG test and told me I had RLS (and prescribed my requip)...

Short after the doctors appointment I began to have allot of fasculations (like rythmatic tics, really strange) in my thigh and calf and fatigue in my legs (Feel like I've been running like crazy, but I haven't), I've been reading about ALS and I'm so freaked out right now..
I still can walk on my tips and heals and I don't really think I lost any real strength in my legs, but my mind is constantly thinking "are you walking funny?, was that a foot drop?" and i always feel like my legs are exhausted.

Wouldn't you recommend me to see the Nero again and get a EMG?

The ONLY reason I would suggest an EMG is for your peace of mind. It doesn't sound like ALS at all. Plus you're 24, which would be incredibly rare to have ALS at that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back