Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IT
State
VA
City
BUSTO ARSIZIO
Hello. Thanks for what you do. I am very worried. For about a month and a half I have had fasciculations and stiffness in my calves, plus fasciculations on my arm and left side of my body. I saw 3 neurologists and no one found any signs of sla, did emg came out clean, but maybe I did it too soon? I continue to have symptoms, fasciculations, stiffness and a sense of great tiredness, even though I am able to walk and carry out all the daily activities.
I am in terror ... Is it possible that it is sla?

Icona di Verificata con community

Hi and I'm sorry you find yourself in such fear.
EMG are not done too soon if you have symptoms.

Please read this carefully to help you realise that your doctors are telling that you don't have ALS and we won't disagree as they are examining you and doing the tests. I hope you find out what is going on soon and return to full health.

Unfortunately I continue to feel fasciculations, especially in the calves, and this makes me think of the sla. I can't help but think about it even for a minute, my whole day thinks about sla. I already see myself in a wheelchair ... In three months I have to repeat emg and I am terrified .... In your opinion, after how many months without having a lack of strength can you be calm? I also did cpk and aldolone tests and they are okay ... Hopefully ... I pray ...

With all of your clean tests, no ALS symptoms, and many neurologists telling you no ALS, in your case you should be calm now (and extremely grateful) that you don't have ALS. I'm sorry you are worried about a few twitches, but how you live your life is entirely up to you. You can believe the experienced folks here and the very educated neurologists, or you can self-diagnose, based on nothing, and make yourself miserable. That's your choice.

Good luck to you.

Last edited:
Good morning. Sorry if I still disturb, but I am still terrified of having sla. In your opinion, is it possible that the first symptoms are great tiredness, little desire to do, weakness and fasciculations? I know these are stupid questions, but someone who has already gone through these experiences could tell me something ... I am afraid that the disease is just beginning and it does not see well ... It seems to me that I lack strength, but I can walk for 6/7 km, I can lift bottles with my hands etc. I have annoying fasciculations in my calves and left arm ... Please tell me something. I try to attach a page from my March 17th emg ... Thanks

No to all questions, our PALS would love to be able to walk that far. Twitches mean nothing.
You must go to your doctor and get help with your fears. You would also do well to stop coming here as it is only making you more scared.
It is not appropriate to ask terminally ill people to assure you when you have been cleared by doctors and knowledgable members.

Usually in the sla the values of cpk, ldh and creatinine how are they? Low or high? Thank you

Go back to you doctors with these questions.

Take care and good luck.

Really you need to stop and regroup on your questions with your doctor. Those blood tests alone will not mean anything for ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back