Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
NRH
Does Als make you fell like you have a lump in your throat, or your throat is closing? This has been happening to me for a week. The more I extrenuaite my neck muscles the worse it gets. I have twitches all over my body (even in my stomach, tingling at times in different parts of my brain, muscle and joint pain, and stomach pains. (The twitching has me scared about ALS. I have had and MRI of neck and thoracic region and Brain, CT of Thoracic region and brain, Rhemutology blood workups and CBC's + thyroid test. Time for an EMG and I guess another Endoscopy and rectorooter. I mean colonoscopy. I hope all is well. It just feels like my throat is closing. I can swallow ok, I am coughing a little, my throat is itching (I assume b/c of the coughing) and my food seems a little (1x or 2x) harder to go down. Thanks so much.

Haven't heard of a colonoscopy being on the list of regular tests for ALS but maybe they are being super thorough. The stomach pain and joint pain are making me think that you might have something else going on. The EMG and hopefully a nerve conduction study will be done soon. That may help to tell you one way or the other what's going on. I would try to stay calm until all the tests are in. Sometimes you can give yourself symptoms by reading about other peoples.
Try not to read too much. Get a diagnosis and then read. Good luck. AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back