06/2008
Country
US
State
any
City
any
Hello to all,

I finally figured out how to start a new thread! I think.

Well, I did it! I attended the kick-off event for the Southern Indiana ALS walk on Thurs, 7/31/08. After several different people getting up and talking in front of the crowd, it was my turn! I guess I talked for about 15 minutes, mostly about working with ALS, kids, etc., then when I had to talk about my oldest brother having ALS 4yrs ago, I started the uncontrollable crying!

Luckily, my SIL was there, and she took over the talking! I ended up drinking my tea with some of the greatest people I have met in this journey!

The cool part was that I was on the 10pm local news! A camera-guy had interviewed me before the dinner started and part of it was on the news.

Don't worry, it won't all go to my head, Hollywood hasn't called, so you guys are stuck with me on this forum!

Keep the faith,
brenda

Hope you don't mind getting moved down here. Good luck with your walk.

AL.

Al,
Not a problem at all.
thanx,
brenda

Brenda,

We don't mind being stuck with you! You are very inspiring and I really admire your outlook...

Don't worry, it won't all go to my head, Hollywood hasn't called,
LOL- good one, Brenda. I hope the fundraiser is a huge success!

Hi,

My husband and I attended our Kick Off event today. This will be the second one in Detroit. They had 300 people last year. The theme (maybe for all of them) is "We walk because we can." We have decided - we think- to call our team "Peg Legs." My initial plan is to have about 15 close friends and family to walk. Our mission will be to get 1000people (of all ages) to donate $5.00. That way people have time to save and to get the word out to lots of others. Many of us are or were teachers and have lots of other groups we belong to. So I am excited and very hopeful. We think we will be pirates fighting ALS. We will get Tshirts too.

For those of you who haven't seen my posts, I was DX'd Oct 31 with ALS and now have a differential DX of ALS or MMN. I will have to use my cane to walk because it is 3 miles, but it is not a race. This October I turn 60 so this will be my big bash! I can use that to manipulate more funds.:-D

Any suggesstions? Comments? I plan to formalize a plan with my team and really get started by next Wednesday. God Bless.. Sincerely, Peg

I wish you every success, Peg. I like the idea of pirates! Cute!

Peg and Brenda

Good luck with your walks. Brenda I did not realize we lived so close, would love to meet you. I would also like info on walk. I live in Louisville. What part if Indiana did you go? Both you women are truly inspiring and I pray the walks will be blessed. I don't even have ALS and would have problems walking but might try now because of you.

Hey April,

I live 100 miles west of Louisville! It's about a 2 hr trip, faster if you have a lead foot! The walk is going to be the Southern Indiana walk and it will be in Evansville, IN, which is about 15 miles north of Henderson.

I don't think I can post my thread to the website here, but you can get on the ALS website and look for the Southern Indiana walk and look at the different teams.

talk soon,
brenda

You should be able to post a link to your website here Brenda.

AL.

oops!

Renee, I think I called you April earlier! Sorry for the mixup- it's hard to keep all you youngsters straight!

Happy Monday!
Keep the faith,
brenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back