Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Oakley
I never heard of ALS before last week. I been having a tired tongue feeling while eating .I wasn't very concerned until I Googled it. I have a love hate relationship with Google. I should know better but...yeah. anyways I have read the stickies and feel like my hand is weak as well but I haven't noticed this before last week. So now I'm confused. I'm constantly looking stuff up online and stressing out over this. I am 35 year old female. Do you think this tongue stuff is significant? I have also had cramps in my legs and feet although I think it can be caused by my strength tests that I'm doing. I feel like a crazy person. But as the stickies do not mention the tongue I thought I would ask. Thanks!

No, a tired tongue is not a symptom of ALS. Can you move your tongue up, down and around your mouth? ALS is failure not feeling--even in the tongue. Enjoy your life and stay away from Dr. Google.

Just read the sticky again honey.

Really clear - you don't feel anything. Not tired, not fatigued, not weak.

We couldn't name every muscle in the body there, but that applies to all muscles, so that means including the tongue.

You don't have ALS, please go get help from your doctor as you do have treatable issues. All the best.

Thanks I really appreciate your responses. I guess since als is such a scary thing everyone is just a little paranoid. I have read alot on this forum. You guys are really very sweet putting everyone's fears to rest....well maybe not everyone..lol. but you helped me and I am grateful for that...thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back