Al's Tips for Full contact Lawn Mowing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capt. Al

You are such a talented writer, it gave me an idea. Of course a book would be awesome but a daunting committment.

You (I'm great at delegating :lol:) could relate one of your great stories as only you can, and end it with something like...

"Yes this is a funny and true story but having ALS isn't funny." Then go serious, educating the general public about living with ALS, there is no cure at this time, more research is needed, etc etc.

Submit your articles to various health magazines for publication, there are many possibilities.

You'd make extra cash, and use your rare gift of storytelling to educate people. Since most of your stories are already written this might even be fun for you.

Someone mentioned mowing which made me think of this thread. Mowing season is near so these tips might help some of the newer members.

AL.

I am hot now, OK Al you need you to do a book. That is such a great idea. A book from our fine moderator. You could write a best seller about the forum alone. Ok Al now your it. Boy everyday my mind is working on awareness. Ok my heart is a pumping good today.

Yes! Yes! Yes!
That book idea is GOLDEN!
Lets somehow make it happen! It could be offered thru the forum, the ALS Society, Amazon, and so on and so on and so on!
Rick & Joan

Thought I would bring this to the top, Read for a laugh

First .you should wear a hat with a soft brim. This will help when you fall off riding mower and do a face plant on the branch you were leaning over to pick up.
Second .wear long pants so you rip the pants not your shin while tumbling off aforementioned mower.
Third. Always switch into neutral while stopped to try to pick up aforementioned branch. This will stop the mower from wildly going through ditch onto road and turning back down driveway and going back across lawn and into flower garden coming to rest on piece of driftwood just 3 feet from crashing through picture window.
Fourth. Always disengage blades when stopped to pick up branches. This will avoid mower mowing down flowers and bushes as it careens through garden.
Fifth. Always make sure that some other responsible adult (wife) is there to help you up off ground after taking a face plant onto branches.
Six. Make sure said responsible adult knows how to stop runaway mover. When mower is careening towards house is not the time to be telling wife which of the 6 levers is the throttle.
Seven. After mowing grass have a large glass of wine. It will help ease the pain but not the I told you so comments from responsible adult that runs down driveway saying Oh No How do I stop it?
Eight. Learn from the mistakes of others. You might not live long enough to make them all yourself.
:grin:
Happy Easter everyone

OK Rick you got us on another mission. I know Granpa Al loves to tell stories, we could sure find some one to help him with a book. He is the most fun person to talk to, so many would enjoy reading his words.. Ok how about a book from Granpa Al, and some proceeds to ALS GUARDIAN ANGELS.. Ok now I am really on a mission I have Rick and Mt convinced anyone else? oops maybe I have to convince Granpa Al first? you know what he has given to this forum is already priceless. We could gve back to Dave for giving us this forum and AL..

For a chuckle please read all this thread

Just posted as a warning to other MEN out there who might want to try some of the things we have found out do not work too well.
For a laugh read the entire thread when you have time.:rolleyes:

I love these stories! I also, by way of subterfuge, used to be the mower. And getting stuck in the bank with the mower on the road...every single year...was embarrassing but I usually found someone, male, to bail me out. Then I learned how to pull it out with the pickup truck. Then... I had the stupid idea to tell Phil what I'd learned how to do. I learned two things. I didn't know about four wheel drive, and I wasn't ever going to be taught. Capt. Al, you know, that grass doesn't REALLY have to be cut.

tens unit

Bro YOU invented something there but made a mistake not getting a patent on it! lol....Chris has an invention that is not made yet..what should he do first?

Holy cow!

HOLY COW! I am talking to a pots that is ten thousand years old! OK! Lookout ! I will learn my way around here shortly then you all will be in trouble!

Yeah I am talking to a ten thousand year old "POT"! Thats what growing up with Capt Al as his lil sista will do to one..... LOrdy Lordy.....an old "POST" is what I was trying to type...

Comon lets get this party started!

Duct Tape optional

Tell chris from all of our experiences you start with a lot of Duct tape.

I dont know when this story went up but my goodness, it is soooooooo funny!

i was reading it to my son but , kept laughting he laughted as well but , i also think it may have made him think what is in store for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back