Not open for further replies.

BlakemG123

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
First time poster here and I have read the stickies. I am 30 years old and for the most part a healthy guy. I have been doing 40-50 pushups twice a day for the past few months and then last week I woke up and suddenly felt fatigue at around my tenth push-up. I then started testing muscles and realized that my right Tricep is drastically weaker than my left Tricep. I also can not fully flex my right Tricep (the Tricep is not fully flexed on the outside of my arm). I have some tightness in my right hand but nothing too crazy. I also have some soreness in my right trap muscle and right side of my back. I know this is such a rookie post but hoping someone can shine some light on how ALS muscle weakness looks in comparison with what I’ve described. Thanks. Blake

Hi Blake - if you read the stickies you would see it said weakness is failure, not fatigue. You can't test yourself.
What did your doctor say? If you are concerned, always see your doctor as the very first thing.

Read the sticky again, we often find people skim read through and don't absorb all that is in there. It saves us repeating the same answers here so is really important.

Thanks for the reply. I will take a closer look at the stickies. My doctor seems to think it is some sort of nerve impingement but I guess the whole thing is freaking me out a bit.

Great, your doctor already has examined you and has started forming an opinion and will no doubt help take this to a diagnosis. Nerve impingement and ALS are very opposite issues. Trust your doctor and work with them to sort this out. Trying to outguess or work it out yourself leads inevitably to a lot of anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back