Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TN
City
Manchester
Hello all, I am a 27 year old male and i have some questions regarding symptoms I am having. Currently I have gone to a foot DR, my PCP, and have a Neuro appointment scheduled.

So my current list of symptoms: From the knee down on the back of both legs i am having twitching/fascinations that wont stop and it is ruining my everyday life as well as preventing me from sleeping. It is not painful. I also have heel pain and nerve facilitations in both feet and sometimes burning and nerve pain in my feet and some mild lower back pain. I do not have any weakness but some body wide twitching as well.

This all started after I noticed some weird foot issues running so since i have stopped these pains/twitching/fasciculations have been going on for 4+ weeks and nothing really seems to help.

Its affecting both legs and wondering if these are warning signs for ALS? These symptoms seem to all happen so recently and I am very scared and anxious over this. I am trying to not abuse DR Google as it can lead to everything but here i am.

Thanks

I would ask the neuro about screening for RLS/PLMD and check the give/tread of your running shoes/insoles. I don't see any reason to worry about ALS. I expect that the appointment will be reassuring.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you, i actually posted this before i read the sticky like alot of people and it kinda reassusred me that this is 99% likely not my issue. I am still going to go to a neuro but ALS is kinda on the back burner.

I appreciate what you guys do and the time you take to comment on peoples post.

Thanks.

So I have a Neuro appointment Monday after Thanksgiving.

I really just have 2 more questions. My twitching/ fasciculations have stopped/gone away and I have noticed some buzzing/vibrating in both feet.

1) Symptoms regarding ALS wouldn't just come and go/stop?
2) It would not affect both feet at the same in the same general area(Knee down) and generally sensory symptoms point away from diagnosis?

I am also going to a therapist next week as well to deal with anxiety over this and other things.

Well twitching isn’t a symptom anyway. Neither is buzzing vibrating but no ,mnd does not come and go. It also is not bilateral to start and yes sensory symptoms point away.

I am only back to post an update after visiting a Neurology Clinic and seeing the Nurse Practioner there.

1) Did a clinical exam from head to toe and the reflex thing where they tap you. She said nothing in regards to passing or failing which is good.

2) She noted my heavy anxiety.

3) Said its nothing serious enough to be causing any worry at the moment.

4) Drew more blood for labs to check a multitude of things.

5) Said ALS is out of the picture since my complaint is buzzing feet and have been prescribed a very low does muscle relaxer called Zanaflex to help with buzzing/sleeping/anxiety related to this.

6) Told me to stop drinking coffee and anything stimulant wise.

Thanks for all the help guys, I have a follow up with her in 3 weeks for the lab work and most likely to see if stretching/diet/exercise and my orthotics help with the buzzing issue. I appreciate you taking the time to talk with me and I am going to stay away from the fourm for a long time and google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back