Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Remedy for Hands

Beth:
I have the same problem with my hands. I can't straighten my fingers all the way out and both of my pinky fingers hang away from the rest of my fingers. I found a "Home Remedy" for arthritis pain and soreness. It doesn't actually help straighten my fingers but it does loosen them up and make them feel much better. Here's the drill.

1. 2 cups oatmeal and 1 cup water
2. Mix together in a large bowl
3. Heat in microwave for 1 minute
4. When cool enough to touch, knead into and around and over hands up to the wrists until mixture gets cold
5. I usually do this twice. My wife will add more water and re-heat mixture for me
6. After done, lay hands flat on a towel for about 10 minutes then wash in cool water
7. Last, exercise hands for about 15 minutes

I bet this will help your arthritic hands tremendously.
Gordon

Beth:
I have the same problem with my hands. I can't straighten my fingers all the way out and both of my pinky fingers hang away from the rest of my fingers. I found a "Home Remedy" for arthritis pain and soreness. It doesn't actually help straighten my fingers but it does loosen them up and make them feel much better. Here's the drill.

What a good suggestion. Never heard of that before, but I will definitely try it!
Thanks!

Hands and Fingers

(I am noticing weakness in both hands and arms, but especially hands. Have also had very brief episodes where two fingers on each hand curl into the palm, and I have to gently straighten them out and hold them in correct position for a few seconds before they relax)

Hi Beth my name is Sam and i have not been diagnosed with ALS but i am still under watch. I have had muscle wasting in my left hand for over a year and it just started doing exactly what you wrote! I wrote a post about it awhile ago, called Play Doh. It happens when i hold something for a long time or when i am driving for a long time. My ring, and middle finger are affected the worst. They will curl up like the object i held and i cannot move them no matter what i do, when they are uncurled and/or heated up i can start wiggling them and using them. This does not hurt at all but it feels really gross. I am 29 soon to be 30 so i do not think it is "old age." Take care, Sammantha

Ps. Sometimes i wake in the morning with my hand fisted up and my fingernails have left marks in the palm of my hand from the pressure. I cannot cut with my left hand because not only can i not hold a knife but when i try my finger nails dig into my palm because i have no girth in my hand, its flat like a pancake.

Thanks Wright, thanks for the response. Beth, keep up the good work. Stretching is good. Especially if it makes you feel good. :mrgreen: I am going to be in LA the begining of Aug. I will taking kids to Disneyland. Hope my calves hold up! Take care everyone.

I was finally able to figure out how to up load pictures..stop on in to see my photo album of my great family. The flowers, i took those pictures myself at a local flower shop with my new digital camera that I got for my 49th birthday.

Love and Prayers
Robin

Robin,
Have a great time in LA and I hope you hold up okay at Disneyland.
I loved seeing the pic of you. You're beautiful! I didn't see any other pics on your page, though.
Take care and be happy! :-D
Jane

Thank you Jane,
I went back and was confident about my uploading expertise and could not find the area where my daughter had shrunk the pics. :confused: I was confident I would be able to do it. I work today...I am so enjoying my new camera. It's a great hobby.

Looking forward to seeing those pics! You'll find 'em. They're just hiding. ;)
Great you're enjoying the camera! Smile! :-D
Peace,
Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back