Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
RU
State
NO
City
Moscow
First of all I want to say a huge thank you to all the forum participants, you provide people with invaluable help!

Good day everyone, I am a 24 year old male from Russia, for more than a year now I have been trying to understand what is happening to my body. About two years ago, I first experienced fasciculations on myself, starting with the hand, in half a year they spread to the whole body. After half a year from the first fasciculations, one "lovely" morning, I got out of bed and realized that my left foot had stopped working normally, namely, it became necessary for me to pull it towards myself while walking (it continues to this day). A month later I began to feel twitching in the tongue, and a constant tremor in it, if I stick it out of my mouth. A month later, weakness and tremors in one and almost immediately in the other hand were added.

At the moment, I experience tremors with any minor exertion, I get very tired from any daily tasks, even from just taking a shower. The tremor is noticeable even in an open palm. Weakness in the fingers, which also begin to tremble, as well as weight loss of the muscles of the whole body. The neck gets tired quickly, as well as the legs get tired when I stand in one place for more than two minutes.

I have visited a huge number of neurologists, including three of the best neurologists in Russia, who specialize in this disease, and still have not received a specific diagnosis, but none of them can see ALS. After the first symptoms of weakness, when I opened Doctor Google and read about ALS, I fell into severe depression, left work and started drinking a lot of alcohol, which I continue to do, against the background of which one of the neurologists began to suspect that I had toxic polyneuropathy, that I replied that I started drinking AFTER the symptoms, and alcohol is not a cause but an effect.

Over the past year, I made 4 EMGs, the potentials of motor units grew with each subsequent one, and on the last one they exceeded the norm by five times, but doctors say that this is the norm, and not an indicator of ALS.

Forgive me for the time taken from you, I perfectly understand that you will not be able to diagnose, especially on the Internet, but I hope that future readers of the forum, reading my message, will find something in common with my case, and I can give them answers when I find out what is happening to me.

Thanks in advance to everyone who will not remain indifferent and give me some advice, since I have already forgotten what it means to live a normal life, and I can not stop thinking about the best way to commit suicide.

P.S. Sorry for my english, I used a translator.

Good morning,

Firstly, I am sorry that you are going through such a difficult time at such a young age. Contemplating ending your life means you need to seek help ASAP at a suicide intervention facility. Please tell them about what you are feeling and how worried you are. There is a disorder called nosophobia disorder that you should bring up with a counselor so you can get the proper help you need. Secondly, after seeking help, again immediately, you should be asking yourself why you are chasing this particular disease when you evidence no ALS symptoms and have been told repeatedly that you do not have this horrid disease. Thirdly, you should change the title of this thread to read "symptoms for over two years" since nothing you have posted is ALS related. Lastly, please read the pinned sticky entitled "read before posting" as this will further answer any questions you may have about what is and what is not ALS. I have also attached information on getting help for your suicidal thoughts. I am not sure where they are located, but it is a start. Truly, leave worrying about this disease behind and get the proper help; you will not regret it. Best of luck to you and please stay safe.

Samaritans (Cherepovets)
54, Stalevarov str.
CHEREPOVETS
Contact by: Face to Face
check-mark.gif
- Phone
check-mark.gif
- Letter:
check-mark.gif

Hotline: 007 (8202) 577-577
Hours:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun: 09:00 - 21:00

Contrary, as you wrote…

“I have visited a huge number of neurologists, including three
of the best neurologists in Russia, who specialize in this disease,
and still have not received a specific diagnosis, but none of them
can see ALS.

Key words: Best Neurologists – Specialize in this Disease –
None of them can see ALS.

Then…

"4 EMGs, the potentials of motor units grew with each subsequent
one, and on the last one they exceeded the norm by five times, but
doctors say that this is the norm, and not an indicator of ALS."

Key words: “but doctors say that this is the norm, and not an
indicator of ALS.”

Don’t know if you are Googling your symptoms and such but
apparently the Internet led you here.

*Proven link… Googling symptoms often causes health anxiety.

Doing Google symptoms research can cause serious anxiety,
especially for people who are already afraid of health problems.
This anxiety happens so frequently today, there's a new name
for it—cyberchondria.

Just trying to help but please seek emotional help ASAP.

PS. Two other key words: Believe. Accept. Try to believe and
accept what the three best Neurologists in Russia are telling
you. "They don't see ALS."

Believe and Accept.

Last edited:
Contrary,
Please get depression and anxiety treated first, then work on solving your other health issues. Believe your doctors and work with them to figure out what's going on.

I think you can realize that drinking is not going to help any problems you have, but counseling very well could. I also think you know that ALS does not take 2 years to fully manifest, least of all in someone your age.

So I hope you can talk with some people close to you and ask if they will help you become motivated to take the next step into counseling, because heavy drinking is only going to cause actual, permanent damage to your body while you are worrying about damage that is not real. And worrying about ALS is no substitute for the healthy, happy life that we all deserve, that is still well within your grasp.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you very much everyone for the answers!

Dear KimT, the fact is that in my life I am a rather optimistic person, and I have never had depression before, I did not even know what it was. My depression at the moment is precisely because of the symptoms of the disease, and not vice versa, so I believe that it will not be possible to cure it without eliminating other symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back