Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
OH
City
Cincinnati
Hello!
My name is Emma Courtney and I am a Junior at Walnut Hills High School in Cincinnati, Ohio. This year, I am enrolled in AP Research, a year-long course that concludes in a final research paper, comprising of both research and our own investigation into a topic, that is used as the exam. For my topic, I chose to investigate the causes of ALS.

I first became interested in this topic during my eighth-grade science fair project, titled “Does fish consumption around the world have a connection to the prevalence of ALS,” and the field of ALS research has interested me ever since. My mother’s friend was diagnosed with ALS when I was young and provided the inspiration for this project. In the future, I hope to continue researching the topic, both in college and as a career.

I would love it if you could take this survey, it should not take longer than 5 minutes and all answers remain anonymous.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...9AbIQlaLFp3Nql9NxJUF5ptA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank you so much,
Emma Courtney

Last edited:
You've an error on your first question.

you show >40 (greater than 40) when it should be <40 (less than 40)

Leaning towards mercury, eh? ;-)

I took the survey.

Took 2 minutes. Seems benign.

You've an error on your first question.
you show >40 (greater than 40) when it should be <40 (less than 40)

Thank you for mentioning that! I think I fixed it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Emma,

When you ask about Parkinsons and Dementia - what do you mean by dementia - Alzheimers?

I'm asking because FTD, a type of dementia is often coupled with ALS, but is very different to Alzheimers so I wasn't sure of your question.

My husband for example had ALS + FTD.

Thanks

When you ask about Parkinsons and Dementia - what do you mean by dementia - Alzheimers?... My husband for example had ALS + FTD
Mod Note: Please quit quoting entire posts as requested here:
Thank you for asking! I was referring to both FTD and other types of dementia, as FTD would be included in that. I'm sorry if the question was confusing, thank you for bringing that up : ) I will add a note on the question specifying FTD would be included.

Thanks again!
Emma

Last edited by a moderator:
EMMA, there's no need to post a thank you. You simply click the "Say Thanks" blue text on their post.

How about lead in the gas. Cars and trucks and lawnmowers and tractors and everything else that burns gas for about seventy five years putting lead into the atmosphere and our bodies breathing as we fix cars that burned gas and siphoned gas etc etc etc. Unleaded gas now these last thirty years or so. Probably your entire lifetime. Everybody I know with ALS did lots of stuff with Leaded Gasoline. I think leaded gas burnt better and thats why they put lead in it all those years. All those cars that were built to run leaded gas we had to add lead to our gas tanks each fill after Unleaded Gas became all we could buy. Now 10% alcohol in our gasoline.

What about aspirin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back