ALS Stays Same - Life Keeps Getting Worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi delb! It is so nice to hear from you and Rolex. I am so happy Medicare is kicking in. Congrats! Hey delb, you wanna hear something funny? My brother in law is a cancer survivor, he is on disability, he is a war veteran, too. My sister, his ole lady, she is Diabetic, and is on Disability, too. Their daughter made arrangements for them to get Meals on Wheels. They have been getting the meals, even though she is a terrific cook. They are enjoying their meals, now here is the funny part. They have a black dog named Smokey. Smokey is on Meals on Wheels, too. LOL! I laughed my tail off when my sister told me about it, but it's for real. The dog gets a bag of dog food each month. Okay, delb, take care of yourself. Where is your wife going? Wasn't she supposed to go to the Orient? Is she Oriental? China or Viet Nam? Delb, stick around, we enjoy hearing from you! God bless you and Rolex!

Irma

Hi Irma,
Meals on Wheels around here have a strict 65 or over policy with no exceptions. My doctor tried to get me on it with no luck. Can't even imagine a dog getting on it. I'll point that out to my doctor next time I see him. He will get a kick out of it. My wife is going to Tiawain. She is Chinese. I was married 2 previous times too. Once to a German heritage and once to a Irish heritage. Looking back I prefer the Irish best. At least that one was. But everyone is different. Two ex-cheerleaders and one ex-model.
Del

Wow, delb! You know how to pick'em, huh? Too bad you got hold of a "wild cat" the last time. LOL!

Irma

Hi Del,
I am so glad to see you here & doing ok.I was wondering what was happening. I was looking in texas web site in your area & some exceptions were stated for people with disabilities under 60 for meals on wheels. ask alsa to double check again for you .Sure hope they find you a place where Rolex is welcome.I am soooooo glad you are getting atleast a wk of peace with her gone. I know your walker will help you keep your balance better.Thank God medicare is kicking in, that has to be a relief. I would put everything(medicare income) at the bank in your name only with a friend as a back up signature. I pray every night for your well being & I believe he is hearing me. Say a prayer for me on the 13th for a good day. That is my son's bday.He would be 49 but God took him home at 43 That was 5 yrs ago 1-29-03 seems like an eternity.Well God Bless my friend & keep was posted ok. Give Rolex a big hug for me.
P.S. say a prayer for Larry my husband he goes for another emg tomorrow things are still progressing slowly with no diagnosed. other than mnd.
Sharon

Hi, Sharona! I read the part about your son's 49th b'day, and it touched me deeply, dear. I am having a hard time right now, I can barely see the keys. When you mentioned that he had been gone 5 years, for some reason, I imagined a leap of 5 years from now without seeing my late son, I sensed the 5 years for a second or two, and it tore at me. What an experience when you lose someone you love. These never-felt-before feelings all of a sudden overcome you. Thanks for sharing Sharona. I miss my son, too. Sometimes I lay in bed all night, and no sleep. I grab my Bible, and read until I get sleepy. God bless you dear.

Irma

Thanks Irma ,
It is very hard for me .He was my only child & I loved him so very much. All of my immediate family have also passed except my 2 grandkids & 2 great grandaughters.But they live out of state so I don't get to see them very often.I have really bad days & then some good ones .All that gets me through this is I didn't want him to suffer anymore & his quality of life if you can call it that was gone.He had esophogus cancer & by the time he was diagnosed it had spread to bone,bladder ,liver. he lived in hell for 6mos.horrible disease. Just like ALS why can't they find cures. My heart goes out to you too no parent should have to go through this.
Galatians 6:2 says Carry each other's burdens,and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. & that's what we all do on this wonderful site.God Bless my friend a have a great day tomorrow.
Sharon

God bless you, too, Sharona. At night when I gaze at the stars, I just stand there, and wonder which star is my son. I know you do the same. I had 2 sons, now I only have one. Take care of yourself Sharona, and God bless. I will say a prayer for you, and our children in Heaven. Later, my friend!

Irma

Prayers are going out for all !
An update again - The ALSA reported my wife yesterday afternoon to the Adult Protective Services. They said her treatment of me could not be allowed to continue. Also that they will contact me soon. She will go through the roof when she finds out, so I know changes are coming now. Just hope and pray that they are positive and I don't end up homeless like I predicted at the first of this dread disease. They brought my rolling walker today also. Big improvement with a seat and breaks. I can go full speed now and don't have to worry about falling. They have me a motorized wheelchair ordered to for me soon. So I can take Rolex for walks. But the wife will be livid when she finds out about all this. ALSA will also be sending a nurse and aide to my house once a week to check me out. And they are going to send me to the ALS Clinic here too. So thats where things stand as of this afternoon in this firecracker situation. God Bless All !
Del

Hi Delb, I've been following this thread from the beginning. All I can say is HALLELUJA! SP? I'm so glad for you, it was so frustrating to not be able to come over and help you,couldn't believe anyone could be so cruel. You are on the right track now,so keep going. My Best to you, Beebe

Thanks Beebe ! My best to you too. I am going to keep going and hope for a good outcome and better life.

Hey Delb, i havent been on for a while just wanted you to know that i have been thinking and praying for you to find some help and peace in a very difficult situation.I am so very glad that things seem to be picking up for you......all the best in the future you deserve it!Take care and keep that fighting spirit!...Gina

YEAH ! I am so glad things are finally coming together for you. She may want to stay in the Orient.................. I will keep praying for you & Rolex. I'm praying they will find a place where he can go with. Maybe soon you can change this post to ALS staying the same But things are getting great. lol Goodnight & God Bless.
Sharon

Thanks for the support Gina and Sharona. I have been busy with visitors from the church who gave me the prayer beeper. They are going to visit me every week or so no matter where I live. Also providing CD's of church sermons from the Baptist church. Still waiting on my neck brace to arrive from ALSA as it should have been here already. I notified them and they are checking. Was real sick last Friday with headache, could not eat or drink with feeling of throwing up, dry heaves every time I stood up and general feeling of sick and massive depression. Tried to contact the Home Health group but they had left for the week end and did not get my email. Also contacted my only friend here, but my sound I made on his cell phone answering service was never responded to until today Monday. So I just crashed on my cheap crummy bed and slept 16 hours til Saturday mid day. Then I felt good as new with no sign of the sickness. My system has always handled the flu or virus and moved it through me within 24 hours or less. It is good to know that even with ALS My system is still the same. That is the reason I could alway eat anything I wanted and all I wanted and never gained weight. Got a letter from Medicare confirming their error and putting me on predated to January. The bad part of that is they are charging me for 2 months I never used any benefits. Ouch ! Anyway, glad to have it now anyway for medical and hospital. Rolex is still doing great. And I am still waiting to see what happens when the wife returns to find out she was reported for abuse and neglect by ALSA. One way or the other I should be able to change the title hopefully of this thread to a new one if everything works out like I hope it does. Just in my life the last few years not much has. But I am very hopeful. God Bless !

Hi Del,
Glad to hear you are feeling better you probably had the flu it's a bad one this year.Well the other night I asked you to say prayers for me because Thurs.was my son who had passed away in 03 bday.Well I woke up at about 4am with my face feeling like it was stinging & my legs didn't want to work right & my speech was slurred so at 10:30 I went to my doc & he put me in the hosp I had a mini stroke & when I was in the hosp in June with vertigo I had some during that time also but they didn't show up on the Ct at that time but do now.I was in the hosp until Sat. I was really upset because that put's more on my husband to do .I don't like leaving him home alone.He had his 3rd EMG Wed the doc said progression is slow but he still doesn't know what it is except MND.Well I'm still having some problems walking but with the Lord's help I'll get through this. God Bless my friend & take care. Hug Rolex for me.
Sharon

Delb

I am really proud of you! May you have some Peace restored in your "Life"

Lorie:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back