ALS Stays Same - Life Keeps Getting Worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help Is On The Way !

Just got through visiting with the ASLA and help is really on the way now. They are going to get my medicare fixed, equipment that I need when it is, and other groups involved also. I am really hopeful and thankful for the efforts they are going to be putting in for me. And the day is brighter in my eyes than it has been in many a day. They said things should precede pretty fast, so change in my life is finally coming. Can't thank you enough for the support and prayers I have gotten in this thread. And by what they told me many of the groups that were recommended to me are going to be contacted by them to become involved also. I will keep you updated as things improve. God Bless You ALL !

Congrats, delb! You have been truly blessed. Am so happy to hear that! God is good, isn't He? Oh, by the way, how is Rolex? Take care delb, I love the positiveness! God bless!

Irma

Rolex is doing great. With me most of the time and helps me cook. I let him lick my fingers and some dishes. He loves people food and is happy as can be. Naps with me during the day and we play at times too. He is really a God send !

That's nice delb! Just don't let your wife catch Rolex licking those plates! She'll shove them down his throat! LOL! Naw, just kidding! I am glad you are doing okay!

Irma

Hi Del,
I am glad to hear things are finally starting to work for you.Keep up the good work,God is watching over you. Happy to hear Rolex is such a great companion.Keep us posted & God Bless.
Sharon

Irma,
The days of my wife controlling me or Rolex are over. I do whatever I want now and don't care what she thinks or says. Life is too short for that. When she came home and I told her about my visitors today, her first question was how much. Everything to her is money and I mean nothing. And she wanted to know why I didn't consult her first before seeing them. That will be the day. And I am doing better than I have been in a long time.

Sharon,
Things are really looking up great. I informed my visitors today what type of wife I had and of her abuse, lies and threats. They want to talk to her and if she can't provide support or doesn't want to they will help find another place for me to live. That is probably my best outcome. Will keep everyone updated as the changes take place. I really feel a lot of them coming on & God Bless You Too !

Del, i am so glad things are looking up. i am still praying for you.

Cheryilyn,
Thanks ever so much and God Bless You !

Another update:
ASLA spoke to my wife today by phone. She told them she could not care for me and would put me in some kind of nursing home. I emailed them back giving details of her screaming and throwing things after she found out they came to the house and saw my room and cheap bed. I told them I could take care of myself and did not need any type of nursing care. That my dog and I needed a peaceful place where I could cook food I can eat and gain back lost weight. I told them most of my weight was lost due to my wife not providing food or giving me the food I asked for. That since I learned to cook the last few weeks my weight has stabilized and I have gained back a pound or two. I gave them a lot of details of the abuse I have went though for too long. Hopefully they will help me. I told my wife I wanted to live somewhere else Friday night when she said I couldn't use the oven anymore. She told a friend on the phone that I want to live somewhere else but nobody would have me and laughed. She was so smug. I will not let her starve me anymore. It is bad enough with ALS, but she is the cause of most of the weight loss. Anyway ASLA knows how I feel and the details now. I am still hopeful that Rolex and I will see a peaceful place together soon.

Also I have been having a tired or weak neck the last few days. Holding my head up at times takes effort. But not all the time. Does anyone know if this is ASL related or just a sore neck. I am not sure if it affects the neck muscles or not. If so another area my fight will turn to. Many thanks to my friends on the forum ! God Bless You ALL
Del

Delb - so glad things are looking up for you. Just FYI... several places that I have interviewed in the last few years for my mother and then father-in-law accepted pets. Maybe if you did have to live in a helpful place they might let your sweet dog be with you.

Sharonca

Hi Del,
Way to go .I am so glad that you told of all the abuse you have endured. I am sure they will find you & Rolex a home where the 2 of you can have some peace. Keep your faith & God will be there to help. God Bless.
Sharon

Hi delb. I hope you can find a place where you can keep Rolex. You cannot live, and stay by yourself in the condition you are in. It is so sad because you cannot live alone, because of your illness, it is very difficult to live with you wife, so what are you to do? You have no relatives. It would be hard for you to leave Rolex behind. It is bad from all angles!

About your neck, delb, I hate to tell you this, I am no expert, but I am afraid it is Als related. I remember when my son started having problems holding his head up, and he had pains in the neck area, too. This damn disease sucks! I am afraid it is part of the progression. How can I forget what my son went through? Deld, may God bless you, and keep us posted. Don't let your wife ruin whatever life you have left.

Irma

Sharonca and Irma,

Thanks for your well wishes. I sure am still hopeful that ALSA can find a home for me and Rolex. Irma, I am still able to live alone and have been virtually doing it for years. My wife give me no support at all. Does not even cook for me or give me anything to eat except maybe once a week. I can do everything myself, but admit don't know how much longer I can say this. My neck problem I suspect to is just another area for me to fight. And fight on I will !

Hi Del,
Maybe alsa can get you meal on wheels. Not sure they have that service in Texas but they do in Illinois .Also do they have any kind of assisted living houses? You live by your self but help is there if needed .Stress the point that you need Rolex with you I'm sure they will find you something. I will surely be praying for you & Rolex. God Bless my friend.
Sharon

Hi Sharon,
Yes, they do have Meals on Wheels here. My doctor tried to get me on their schedule a couple months ago, but was told you have to be 65 and no exceptions. I am not even 60 yet so do not qualify. My doctor thought this was wrong, but so it goes. I believe they do have assisted living housing here. I am counting on ASLA to find me and Rolex a good affordable place to live. I did stress that point in my email to them today. Waiting hopefully for a reply. Will update with additional details when I hear something. Thanks ever so much for your prayers for me & Rolex. God Bless You Too My Friend !
Del

Another update. Just heard while ago that my Medicare is now active and I should get a letter from them in a couple of days. They are going to deliver to me a rolling walker too. Which I need, cause I fell down again today in the kitchen tripping on Rolex's leash. Again just hit my side on the refrigerator and just got another sore spot. Lots of cuts and sore spots from falls now. The waller will help greatly. Also they are waiting to hear back from Adult Protective Services on housing for me. They are hoping and I am too that it will be good news. They checked out assisted living places, but the $3200 a month is way more than I can pay. They said Medicare will not pay for housing. So ALSA and I are hoping for good news from Adult Protective Services. Starting Friday my evil wife is on the other side of the world for a week, so me and Rolex have a week of sure peace anyway.
Del

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back