Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
nc
City
raleigh
Hello agin everyone, i had a question because i dont really know what info is correct, so many sites say totally different things. How do you know which one is the truth? Anyway its regarding als in people under 40, on this site under als facts it says that Approximately 80% of reported cases of ALS/MND are individuals between the ages of 40 and 70. And on another site it says only 10% of people under the age of 40 have als. (does that mean in the world or in america) and i have heard a few people on here say that only 2% of people with als are under 40. What has everyone else heard? Do we know which one is true? Thanks
Ashley

There have been other posts regarding als statistics recently. From reading those I realized the statistics are not very good because the life span of PALS is so short. Because of the short life span the numbers are not correct, i.e. someone may be diagnosed with als as somewhat else dies from it, so the number doesn't go up the way it should. They're only counting the people alive with als. This is at least one way to look at it. Leslie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back