Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
TX
City
San Antonio
I know ALS can start in one hand. I woke up 3 days ago with severe pain in my left wrist. My hand is also cramping and feels a bit numb and it is radiating up my arm. Can ALS present itself like this?

Did you read the "READ BEFORE POSTING" thread in this forum? Answers to your questions are found there.

Nothing you describe sounds like ALS. Maybe you slept on it wrong or have a pinched nerve. No need to worry about ALS.

I know we can't talk about what things might be here because we are not Dr's, but I had symptoms pretty much exactly like that, and still have them on occasion and it sure was not ALS in my case. I think Kim is 100% right, and Shiftk gives good advice on reading the stickies.

I am a bit raw right now, so forgive me if I sound rude but honestly PALS and CALS alike are dealing with real ALS. Some of the people who come to the DIHALS section also have real and substantial concerns, such as hearing the "maybe" straight from the Doctors themselves. Please do read up before you post. I would be eternally grateful if your issues were the extent of my husband's health concerns. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back