ALS related shoulder/back/traps atrophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hksuperstar1

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Astoria
inbound7888113480160246176.jpg

I haven't posted in this forum for 2 or 3 years now. I'm part of a BFS Forum on Facebook. Been twitching everywhere going on 6 years. Seen 2 neuros who gave me clean clinical/reflex/strength and one gave me a nerve conduction and muscle needle test on left arm. Was diagnosed with BFS, herniated C6&C7, double minor carpals and severe cubital on right hand which has atrophied my FDI and topside hand muscles. But that was 3 years ago and I still twitch pretty much everywhere and recently I feel as if I'm having shoulder/trap atrophy and fell into the ALS rabbit hole once again. I'm comparing my own pics to those I search for pertaining to ALS related atrophies. Anyway sorry for the rant and this pic was taken 2 days ago.

As you've been here before, you know the drill. Read this as many times as it takes: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

If you have posted here in the past and have been participating on the BFS forum and other FB groups and getting support already, what will it benefit you by coming here again? You should know that coming here to post when you already know the answer is considered not ok. You're asking people who really struggle with energy and movement to provide you anxiety relief and emotional support because your anxiety got the better of you.

Please get extra support for your overwhelming health anxiety and continue or seek treatment for what you've been diagnosed with.

+1. If you're comparing pics on Google, you need additional help with this obsession. You look pretty buff to me, but, more importantly, you aren't reporting any functional limitations after worrying for five years. No one is perfectly symmetrical.

Were those five years the best they could have been? Don't hold the next five hostage to fantasy. Get some serious help.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back