ALS Progressive Bulbar Palsy/Primary Lateral Sclerosis/Progressive Pseudobulbar Palsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanddmtta

Reason
Other
Country
US
State
MI
City
Bridgman
My husband has been going to the neurologist for now almost a year, taking all kinds of tests and he believes it could be ALS. We have now gone to UofMI and hopefully they will find out what is happening. He thinks after the first visit it may be Progressive Bulbar Palsy or Primary Lateral Sclerosis or Progressie Pseudobulbar Palsy. My husband is having more tests. He has fallen where his legs gave out without tripping. His bone above his elbow was cracked due to this which has healed. He was told he has Gait abnormality, Hyperreflexia, Dysarthria, Ataxia, Dysphagia, myelopathy, loss of hearing of making out words, alot of weakness, sometimes his legs cannot carry him.
Now what do you think of this? Anyone else experiencing the same. I might have forgotten some things. His muscle tone is decreased tremendously, and now sunken chest too.

Thank You.
sanddmtta

Rule Number One: Do not fall. I hope he's using some way to prevent falling, such as a walker or cane or wheelchair, as needed. Men can be stubborn sometimes, and need encouragement to do the right thing.

I'm no doctor, so I won't diagnose him, but it seems that he is totally disabled from working and should be able to receive Social Security Disability benefits. If he's a veteran, he may be eligible for VA benefits as well. If this turns out to be ALS, the VA will help immeasurably. Good luck.

Duplicate post. (That was weird.)

>Rule Number One: Do not fall.

Ditto that!

rule #2: stay away from sick people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back