Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
hi ive been ill for 8yrs.i have had mris and tests including genetic, nvc all ok. i have all upper mn signs and symptoms but last year found i had hypotonicity(loss of muscle tone which is a lmn sign)and i have started with bulbar symptoms and i have limb girdle muscle weakness that is getting worse,plus balance. how can you have hypotonicity in a spastic hyperreflex limb (both in a limb is suspect als) ive heard of a slow progressive predominatly upper mn als. going to have emg to find out

Go For it Olly . EMG is the one Limb meaning arms and legs / Girdle meaning the hips and walking muscles . Whats the docs say ? 8 years ? How active are you? or were you ? A Diagnoses of PLS is an Exclusion of all others .You know what that means . so look up all muscle ,motor related issues .Why havent you had an EMG til now ? Never heard of Upper Motor Neuron ALS . sounds like someone has thier wires crossed . Geo

I think olly meant upper motor neuron onset ALS. This just means that the ALS started with upper motor neuron before moving to lower motor neuron.

thankyou to u both. everything else has been ruled out. i have limited mobility due to fatigue,spasms,weakness.this has slowly progressed over the years but has got worse last year.i do have twitchings on and off and clonus.last year in neuro exam did something on my foot and ancle and the muscles started quivering in my ancle and lower leg like mad, neuro and nurse thought it was astonishing.i did not say anthing at time as im used to beening prodded and stuff not wright , ive not asked much qs and just let them get on withit , only a registrar doctor let slip at another appointment about it. neuro probably does not want to get into it till he knows for sure and give 100%diagnosed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back