Status
Not open for further replies.
This must be a totally scary situation for your SIL. I know it would be for me. Like others have said get her a computer and help he get to this forum. It could be very helpful. It is very hard when family members are working and some distance away. ALS is not the end of the line, living in a nursing home is the best you can do but the most important think with this disease if family(IMO). Humor is also good try to get he laughing.

Rick

Hi this is the very first post for me and it's a reply to the "ALS Patient becoming difficult". I hope I'm doing this correctly as it seems I'm continuing on an existing post. Regardless when I read the post I was compelled to reply. Being the caregiver for my husband who has ALS I can (somewhat) understand the author of the initial "ALS Patient becoming difficult" comment about everyone needing to continue to work as I, too, work because financially I cannot afford to not work. However, I am blessed to have the ability to work from home (when I don't have to travel) and care for my husband as well. Anyway, the point to my post is what this preceding post states which I agree with and would like to add to. My additional comment is simply that your SIL is still very much cognizant of what is going on. The mind is not affected. She/He is a prisoner in their own body...can anyone without ALS even begin to fathom what it is they go through day in day out. Whilst, I live with ALS as a caregiver I honestly cannot begin to imagine what my husband must feel as he longs to move on his own. Please, please find a way to keep her involved there are so very many resources. The National or your local ALS Association is a great place to start. God bless.

>Please, please find a way to keep her involved

Nicely said!

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back