Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
ms
City
tupelo
Hi, my name is Justin, 28m, from tupelo, ms... I know that some of my symptoms will probably be shot down by some of you, but I need to ask.. I'll start with his ask this has happened.. Some of these symptoms may be unrelated to illness right now, so Kerri an open mind I have a lot of disease in the family.. I have had migraines with visual disturbances and stroke like symptoms since 16.. I have had Addison disease symptoms since 18 (all of them) hypoglycemia and sweating, all of them.. It's been hard to keep a job, anytime if try to do something id get weak, i sweat more than anybody i know, my sinuses would go crazy (eyes itch etc) and I'd begin to " nod out" like I was on benadryl.. ( passed out a few times)..

About 3 years ago I started having trouble with pulling muscles that wouldn't heal and my joints would hurt/crack... About 3 months ago, in March, I was bitten, or infected by something ( remember. May not be relevant, Keep open mind this may not be part of what's going on) the boil come up. And went away on its own, about 4 days later, it came back in the exact same spot... This time come to head and I busted it.. It went away..

About two weeks later, I woke up with head pulsing and a small knot in back of head and eye pain in both eyes .. Had a weird sensation in my left side back of head when I touched area I could feel it in my eyes.. Migraine like I never felt.. Well I went to er, (maybe aneurysm) told me I was OK with ct..... Told me follow up with gp.. This is when acid reflux, constipation, nasty taste in my mouth began.. Now that I'm writing all of this it seems to sound liked lymes disease lol, but I don't want als to not be considered bc I feel like if it's bulbar, the digestive muscles could cause constipation which could lead to yeast overgrowth (candidasis) and gerd symptoms..

After this I had pulsing vibrating in legs with muscle pain some shins ( also had pain when I would be at work all my life), vibrating in my back, there's a lump on my back that pulses that when I touch it it feels crazy burning sensation in throat and eyes and teeth.... I have the twitching ( been doing it in my braichialis fit years just became worse) the fatigue started around this time too.. I have nieces I have winged shoulder blade on left side and my rib shows more on my left side getting and back, (atrophy) and ribs are painful and supervised is painful ... Feels like rib pops out of position when I lean over, bend over, etc..

Arms go to sleep while sleeping, both of them, in any position, I know als don't cause this but could be secondary to muscle atrophy couldn't it? Some muscles in my leg I can't contract on both sides.. I worked out a lot and I always had imbalances that wouldn't balance out even with unilateral exercises.. Hard to get glute+ hamstring to fire on one side and the outer sweep on the other leg wouldn't fire.. I have trouble swallowing and its getting worse.. I do get sore throats but that is originally from thrush ( doc did prescribe me nystatin for thrush in my esophagus)..

When I swallow I hear this sticky clicking and in ears and in thrust ( like it's lacking moisture). My inner ear thumps like a twitch that lasts for a few seconds.. Nose and forehead and fascism muscles twitch... I get cold prickly sensations in different areas of my body when it's acting up... Sometimes I'll break out in a sweat on forehead and it'll feel like the pores ask over my body open up and sing like something is trying to detox out of me..

I have adrenal fatigue I believe, sugar problems, Addison symptoms etc, and my pupil can't stay constricted in bright light especially when I'm having an attack.. The attacks can last minutes or they can last day's.. I've had trouble walking, my glutez and hamstrings feel dead and I get clumsy... I think that's enough symptoms to get some kind of feed back from this community.. I know a lot of you are having problems and are going thru a lot in life right now and I appreciate any time you spend on coming up with an opinion on my illness.

Oh and I've had heart palpitations, like bad ones extend low pulse to hear attack pulse... ( think maybe atrophy has something to do with it possibly why I bring it up). All blood work so far normal.. No lymes test no neurologist yet not even tried testing.. Doctors shrug me off just bc my blood work is normal and I've diagnosed myself so many times, I'm just trying to help then help me lol. I come off as crazy to then.. Any help would be appreciated thanks to all and God bless.. If you ask have any questions I can elaborate I have many more symptoms but it's a lot to make you all read..

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't mention the obvious symptoms. Wouldn't be on here if my muscles weren't stiff etc... Trying to find out really if als causes systemic issues secondary.. And another major symptom is my joints, steady popping and cracking and I do something like bend over to get something and I think I year a tendon or something in my ankle causes pain... But lab shows normal sed rate ( normal arthirits panel) CBC normal, HIV negative. Thyroid tests was normal.. Head ct normal no contrast.. Xray chest normal, small nodule on lung...

would you go back to your first post and edit it into paragraphs, plz? It's currently unreadable...

wow totally unreadable blob of text - please edit we have no chance of wading through it.

I did manage to wade through, you seem to have lots of pain, feels like, strange sensation, etc. ALS is a disease of motor neurons. If you do not have a voluntary muscle that DOES NOT work, I wouldn't worry about ALS. I feel fine, I just have things that don't work. Now, you seem to have a history of self diagnosing. I would go see your GP and see about getting help with health anxiety. It can be as crippling as any disease if left untreated. Good luck.
Vincent

I managed to get through too and didn't read anything at all that sounds even remotely like ALS. Your symptoms are all over the place. That alone is contraindictive of ALS. Even 'stiff muscles' are not necessarily indicative of ALS . See your PCP to treat your health anxiety first and see what responds to that. This isn't the place for you. We truly wish you all the best!
Tracy

That's OK, I would've typed it essay style but I've had so many things have happened to me at different times and I've been to the e.r. and doctor so many times.. I am anxious but it's because I'm sick and my family is turning there back on me bc my blood tests have come back normal.. I don't need a shrink I have the God and his word for that.. I'm 28, I'm going to be a little anxious with things that I've never imagined happening to me , beginning to happen.. I do appreciate fit the responses, and I apologize for the confusion thanks guys.. Anybody suffering stay strong in your struggle God bless..

Justin, you wrote,

"I don't need a shrink I have the God and his word for that."

Wrong, God helps those who help themselves.

You wrote that your family have turned their backs on you... why? You have been to so many doctors and the ER numerous times. They are doctors and so is a "shrink"... as you referred to.

Of all the doctors you have seen, and as you wrote have shrugged you off, there is one who won't shrug you off... a psychiatrist. It's time to help yourself with his/her help. :)

Give it a try.

Last edited:
Hi Justin,

Do you have a local pastor who can help you find the care you need? Nothing in your post sounds anything like ALS so I think you are posting in the wrong forum.

Maybe a combination of pastoral counseling and finding a general practitioner who can give you some medical help will work for you.

I wish you the best.

Justin,
You misunderstood me. Ian. I am implying that your symptoms are not real or that you are not sick. First of all, with that many health issues, anxiety is a real and legitimate side effect for anyone. I am saying work with your doctor and look at symptoms you can treat. Work with your doc to evaluate what might be other sources of your illness. Your symptoms do not fit with ALS, which is good news.

Best wishes
Tracy

Sorry if I am irritable.. I do have some pastors I can talk with.. The only reason I'm so negative about seeing people and talking about my sickness to people, is because the times I have, they start yelling me about stress and what it can do.. The point is that I know all of that and they're not helping me by telling me this is all just made up in my head and its all caused by stress and anxiety.. I get more stressed after I talk to someone bc they do that and they don't even consider the possibility of me being really sick.. So I come to the internet..

I do not believe it's als I'm just having atrophy, hot spot twitches, and vibrating.. With all of my other symptoms I do believe it sounds more like lymes disease.. I came here to see if als has caused digestive issues that may cause secondary symptoms to the disease.. To see if it is financially plausible to see neurologist and have emg. If lymes comes back neg I will then consider an emg..

I don't have insurance and I'm not rich by no means (just released from prison).. I'm living on my wife's income so I am trying to prioritize my test list...

You say I'm wrong, but I do help myself a lot better when I read the word than when I talk to pastor/psych. Taking to psych or anyone that don't even consider that it's not mental, I try to not talk to bc they want me to pretend to be normal and I can't.. Reading the word calms me and reassures me off His promises..

Thanks for whoever organized my original post.. Sorry about that BTW.. And thanks to all your concerns

"I do not believe it's als I'm just having atrophy, hot spot twitches, and vibrating..."

If you don't believe it's Als, this is not the place for you. While it's an important resource, it is not a replacement for actual medical care. Please understand that the ALS forum members have experience with ALS only. Perhaps a pastor might be able to assist you with other resources to help you with your diagnostic search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back