07/2010
Country
US
State
California
City
Rancho Santa Fe
Hello Fellow Members:

Do any of you know whether or not there may be any connection between ALS ( or a variant of it ) and titanium? Thanks for your time.

Mr D 1956

Never heard of one. Why do you ask that question?

? Ask the researchers!

Why do I ask the question? Because health practitioners that I have consulted, of both Western and Eastern disciplines, have indicated a possible connection between metals in the body and damage to the nervous system. Mercury has been identified as one of the possible culpriits. I have a hip-replacement that is 18 years old and is titanium. Hence my query about that metal.

As regards the post of Kiss, I have contacted researchers. I think in my reaching out to fellow members that I am giving them their just due.

I'm just not following where you are going with this mrd, could you explain please.

Hello Kiwisally: I'm not sure whether you want clarification regarding my original post or my subsequent replies..

I think I understand the theory about how metals such as Mercury could be "culprits" but just don't see how titanium might be in that some group and wondered what made you think it might be, if that is what you are saying?

Titanium has never been linked with MND. People on this forum are always trying to " link" stuff with their MND diagnosis. It's just a way to some how, get an answer to a question that Drs and other experts can not answer. We expect answers to everything nowadays and expect doctors to cure everything, that's why we have such a lot of quacks making money off the vulnerable.

You could ask the question, " Is it caused by the increased use of sunscreen, the increased consumption of junk food ( poison), increased use of computers or whatever"?

I have titanium in my neck, but I also use sunscreen, computers, occasional junk food! Who knows

I personally would tend to agree wholeheartedly Aly, I just don't like to make blanket statements, prefer rather to ask questions and let everyone make up their own minds based on the answers or lack there of. ;)

People on this forum are always trying to " link" stuff with their MND diagnosis.

Which is the precise reason why I tell the twitching folks in the DIHA forum that the last thing they want to hear is the personal story of a PALS -- how their MND started and what their first symptoms were.

You are soooooo right!

Titanium has never been linked with MND. People on this forum are always trying to " link" stuff with their MND diagnosis. It's just a way to some how, get an answer to a question that Drs and other experts can not answer. We expect answers to everything nowadays and expect doctors to cure everything, that's why we have such a lot of quacks making money off the vulnerable.

You could ask the question, " Is it caused by the increased use of sunscreen, the increased consumption of junk food ( poison), increased use of computers or whatever"?

I have titanium in my neck, but I also use sunscreen, computers, occasional junk food! Who knows

I don't know if titanium has never been linked with MND. I encourage you to check out ALS Therapy Development Institute and seach: Titanium and ALS.

I don't know if titanium has never been linked with MND. I encourage you to check out ALS Therapy Development Institute and seach: Titanium and ALS.

OK, I'll bite. And what I find is one long thread that has been running for months. The guy that started that thread, to my knowledge, has never been diagnosed with any MND and sways back and forth between Borreliosis and his titanium mouth implants as the cause of his unusual condition. He's had a couple of runs here with his theories, but nothing particularly compelling. His user ID is Gusflower.

Oh my goodness, not him! Arghhhhhhhhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back