ALS or Its Variants and Metals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness, not him! Arghhhhhhhhh.

Yep, it's him. Still doesn't have a diagnosis and is still convinced that he has bulbar ALS caused by a tick bite several years ago. Shortly after he stopped posting here, he created user accounts at PLM and ALSTDI. He does most of his posting at ALSTDI. He still logs in here periodically.

Ok. I don't know anything about this other gentleman, nor was I aware of his earlier thread. Perhaps, he has no diagnosis. I have one. We all know about Mercury being a possible culprit. Who knows: perhaps titanium is as well. If I had known that this query would have raised such ire, I would have kept quiet. As it is I will continue to do as much digging asI can, on my own... as I am certain the rest of you are.

PS: If any of you would like to send me a personal email inquiring as to where I am coming from, it would be most welcome.

Mr. D 1956

Mr. D,

Your question hasn't raised any ire here. On the contrary -- we told you that we hadn't heard of any connections between titanium and ALS, which is the truth as we know it. As to the previous member here who had speculated about how his previous jaw reconstruction and other misfortunes connected to ALS, we have the advantage in knowing him better than you do. We know he didn't have ALS this time last year (when he was active here) because he told us he had never been diagnosed with ALS.

Now, the question at hand is what was the purpose of your original post. If you want an honest discussion of the issue, some of us will be happy to engage you. If, on the other hand, you had intended to "educate" us on the dangers of metals in the body, you'll find that a bit trickier going because we will ask for things like journal articles and such that defend your position.

It's your call whether or not your topic continues to be discussed here. Good luck to you either way.

Greetings TRFOGEY:

Thank you for your response. I am looking for honest answers and I am not trying to educate anyone else. That said, if I can become more computer-adept, and can send a link to the group about a possible link between titanium and nervous system disorders, I will do my best .

I have had a number of practitioners and a couple of doctors, who in their efforts to figure out how I contracted PMA, posed the possibility of metals, particularly mercury as being a cause. With one amalgam in my mouth, and a serious cutting back on my beloved tuna melts, I failed to see mercury as being the guilty party. I had most of the amalgams replaced with gold years ago. I have had a titanium hip replacement since 1994. It has been a complete success story, witness my being able to summit Kilimanjaro in 2006. But when I raised the question of the metal slowly leaching into my system, some of the doctors took notice.

This is an ongoing process, and hence the reason for my original post. Thank you for your time Trfogey and I will continue to research this going forward.

Mr D 1956

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back