Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PK
State
PB
City
Lhr
Hi all I'm a 21 years old female, From 2 months some weird & scary physical symptoms are going on with me! On 1st sep exactly 2 months back I got Stiffed knees (they are still Stiffed up) without any pain so I went to Rheumatologist & did some blood tests of Rheumatoid arthritis, ANA, etc for autoimmune condition and all results were came out fine except Vitamin D which was very low so I started taking supplements of vitamin D then within 1 week I stared getting random body aches mostly in joints.. I

went to Rheumatologist again but he dismissed my concern by saying it's the vitamin D deficiency causing then Random body aches and constant Stiffed up knees now from October (This month) I'm experiencing muscle twitching in all area multiple times in a day in my body and they last for about 3 seconds & also experiencing nerve pain like electric shocks, sometimes cold & hot sensations in some part of my body & from yesterday tingling sensation in my scalp.. I also went to neurologist 3 weeks back but he said it could be Vitamin B deficiency.. can anybody tell what's going on ??

I'm damn Scared! I'm tired of getting normal results and being told it's just a vitamin deficiency but I know there's something clearly going on with me! It's not normal to have Constant Stiffed knees, side joints, Random vibration in muscles, dry cough, twitching in my Throat and face, having phelgum in Throat, Random electric nerve pain, right eyelids feels sticky & now tingling scalp! Please Help me out & guide me what to do now? Also one thing I want to mention is that I was in extreme anxiety & stress from 4 months but when these symptoms started to show up I wasn't stressed out from 2 weeks at all and my anxiety was almost gone too! Also I missed my periods & I've read anxiety doesn't impact periods and hormones at all! I'm really scared I feel like I've developed some disease from taking too much stress and anxiety! please help me out & guide me what should I do now?

Apologies for any grammatical errors since English is not my first language

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry but absolutely none of your symptoms are ALS related, so the only advice I can tell you is to go back to.your doctor. We do not deal with anything but ALS here, so I doubt you'll get much more help than what I've offered as advice.

Good luck to you

Wow that's a lot going on!
I think you need to go to your regular general doctor, lay out all that is going on and get a plan in place to work through sorting it.
We are not doctors and only talk to people about ALS. Whatever you have going on is nothing like ALS which is why your general doctor, hopefully they know you well, is the place to go.
Never try to use the internet in the place of doctors.

If you have had a virus such as Covid and didn't know it, that would be an example of a possible cause for this (even missed periods). As Tillie says, your primary care physician is the best person to monitor all this. I would also look closely at sleep, stress, diet, exercise, and hydration. Often stretches such as you do in Pilates, tai chi and ballet can help "reset" your muscles a bit. A consultation with a physio and/or getting some therapeutic massage might be helpful also. If your vitamin D is low, you may not be spending enough time outdoors so that is another thing to try. Your primary physician should also be one to talk to about why it is low in the first place and how that could relate to these other problems. An endocrinologist may be worth a referral if your physician agrees.

As for the problems showing up after your anxiety was better...sometimes there is a delayed effect. Again, living the best lifestyle you can is often very helpful.

The good news...you don't belong here.

Best,
Laurie

Last edited:
Hello, Thankyou so much for the prompt response and your concern! No I didn't have COVID or any kind of flu.. my first symptom of stiffed knees on 1 sep (2 months back) was sudden and they happened without any pain then with the passage of some time all other weird and scary symptoms started to show up! & I've already went to multiple docs but according to them it's psychosomatic pain which I don't believe.. Also Could you please tell are irregular periods can be caused by anxiety? Because I've never come across to posts which say menstruation cycle can also be a physical symptom of anxiety

Stress can cause missed periods Neuroendocrine aspects of amenorrhea related to stress - PubMed
I don’t believe it is unusual at all. I have certainly heard women report it
missed periods are not an ALS symptom though

whatever is wrong with you it doesn’t sound like ALS You need to continue to work with doctors but answers are not here.
closing thread. Do not start another

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back