Learn about ALS
Country
Mex
State
MA
City
Mexico city
Hello everyone.

I hope to get some insights from you, since I have been worried wick for about a year now because of the different symptoms that I've been experiencing.

It all started about a year ago when I noticed that the left side of my body would get pins and needles faster than the other side, especially my foot. Then I started having muscle fasciculations body wide, but mostly on my legs. For the past months I've noticed that whenever I wake up my fingers or toes are numb or tingling, and sometimes there's muscle pain.

I had a neuro appointment last week, she did some tests at her office and told me my symptoms were too non specific and she told me she didn't think I have MS or ALS. She also said I am too young to be having ALS as I'm 28.

Last weekend after the appointment I noticed that my left foot hurts whenever I walk too much, after examining my foot I noticed that the muscle under the toe, on the side is softer than the right foot one. Also there's been fasciculation at the bottom calf, I have it everywhere but since last week It's been focused there, all day in the same spot.

The doctor prescribed anxiety pills as I've been worried sick but I am now convinced it's ALS since the muscle twitches are focused on one spot and I have foot pain on that side. No foot drop though.

I have muscle weakness all over, but mostly on my left side and since yesterday I am clearing my throat non stop every time I eat or drink.

Please let me know based on your experience if this could be ALS.

Hi
There is a sticky at the top of the forum highlighted in yellow which if you read through will really reassure you.

Pins and needles numbness and pain aren't symptoms of als, fasciculations can be caused by lots of things. Some people just twitch.

Hope this helps and I that the doctors find some solutions for. You soon.

Wendy

Thank you Wendy.

I guess I just need reassurance since I've been worried sick over the past weeks. I'm sure anxiety doesn't help. Hope to get a diagnosis soon.

While you are going through diagnosis, I'd take a look at your shoes and your bed.

Hi

I didn't quite get your reply, sorry. What should I be looking on my shoes and my bed?

Mickey, there's no reason whatsoever for you to think about ALS.

Read the sticky post at the top of this forum "Do I Have ALS?" and you'll see all the reasons your symptoms do not point toward this disease.

Good luck with your doctor getting a diagnosis.

The good news is that you don't belong on an ALS website.

While you are going through diagnosis, I'd take a look at your shoes and your bed.

Hi Igelb

What should I look at my shoes and bed? Night sweats? Please help me understand.

Foot support that is lacking from shoes and a sleeping position that puts undue pressure on hands and/or feet can cause "pins and needles" as well as numbness. Many times, an old/worn pillow, box springs or mattress or pair of shoes can be a culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back