ALS neuron damage reversed with new compound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this @Sandy14! We am trying to not get too optimistic too soon, but NU-9 certainly sounds very promising! I wonder how long it will take to get to trials in actual PLS or ALS patients. I know my husband (who has a "probably PLS" diagnosis right now) would be very interested in giving it a try!

Would be a dream come true. Can't get here fast enough. Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like a very positive finding. (of course, preliminary) Yay! :D

The detailed report can be found and downloaded -- here

Does anyone know what are the components of the compound?

Dr Ozdinler tweeted they are planning a webinar on this soon. If you are on twitter you can submit questions you would like to address

@Nikki J
Did you watch the webinar? What did it say about this potential treatment?

General question: I am aware UMN damage causes spasticity, hyperreflexia, and more. Is UMN damage also responsible for cognitive impairment/FTD?

As far as I know it hasn’t happened yet. She is doing a webinar tomorrow but it doesn’t say it is about it Google long swim or Les Turner. I don’t have the link and I can’t listen tomorrow ( vaccine appointment 😀)

Yea I see it doesnt say much about it. Glad you are getting vaccinated! First or second dose?

The research paper seems to focus on SOD1 and TDP-43 misfolding. Would it only help with these causes, not other mutations?

What is responsible for cognitive impairment/FTD in ALS? Is it UMN damage?

Second!

TDP-43 is involved in most ALS especially c9. I think sod1 is the major exception

Good I hope you have minimal side effects! My PALS is going for his second in a few weeks.

The article Ed posted above calls out mSOD1 and TDP-43 toxicity specifically. Hopefully it can help for all types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back