Reason
Other
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Sudbury
Hi everyone, my name is Christill and I'm 26 years old, no family history of als. I had a catheter ablation on my heart January 8th of this year and everything went great, after the operation I literally felt like a new man. About 3 weeks ago I started noticing a vibration that would wake me up out of my sleep it would subside but did it a few times only at night while sleeping. I then started waking up with must learn fatigue, it felt like my body was drained almost like after a workout and eventually my arms felt like this fatigue as well, head aches, and now recently for the last 2 or 3 days I am getting twitches all over my body when I'm relaxed in bed. I don't think it does it while I'm sleeping or at least I don't notice it. Does this sound like als? By the way I started back at the gym and no weakness in my strength, doctor tested my strength and says I have lots of it. He also did an eye test where I touch my finger to my nose and his finger really fast which I passed. Made me do squats which were fine and made me walk one foot in front of the other which was fine. Now my legs don't feel drained just my arms so it's almost like it's moving up. The headaches recently are what's getting to me.

Nope.
Read the sticky. You wont find yourself there.

MND is not your problem. I would go back to the electrophysiologist who did your ablation and ask for an ECG to compare with the test you had done after the ablation, just to be sure no new arrhythmia has developed. I would also ask that your electrolytes be drawn.

Best,
Laurie

So this doesn't sound like it can be the beginning stages at all?? Thanks for the quick reply also

Cbc, electrolytes, thyroid, creatinine all normal ranges. Heart doctor said my heart is structurally sounds. Did ecg. Xray. Ultrasound. I don't understand why I felt so weak in my body and headaches and twitches.

Hi there- Sounds like you've been through quite a health issue recently with regards to your heart. However, nothing really jumps out that says something is affecting your motor neurons. I'd listen to Greg and Laurie. The people here are very good at discerning what might warrant concern for ALS. It is a motor control issue at its very foundation- so a health professional would easily be able to look at your reflexes, movement and strength during an exam and note is there was anything unusual.

While fatigue and twitching a part of ALS, they are only two of MANY symptoms that all combine to make a doctor go "Hmm...". It would be like jumping to throat cancer because you had a tickle in your throat. Because you had some concern about your heart earlier, it would be more likely, IF there is any serious issue, something to do with that. Circulation issues, cardio- respiratory issues, recovery from even minor surgery, medication, etc, can all affect your general sense of well being. Keep exercising, eat properly and keep in touch with your doctor. Recovery from medical procedures can take it out of you long past what you may think is reasonable. All your body's resources are being appropriated for healing- a really good multivitamin regimen can definitely help out as well.

Good luck-

Fiona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back