Diagnosis
09/2016
Country
US
State
MS
City
Picayune
I started having problems and about May of 2015 I am now on the date of February 26th 2017. My hands and feet are paralyzed have no equilibrium. I need help with everything except I can get in the bath and climb out on my side period I have to use two hands brush my teeth and it takes forever to get dressed and I cannot breathe most the time. I am worried to death I have three children a 3 yr old, a 4 yr old, and a 14 yr oldand I feel like I am at the verge of death. I need stem cell treatment I believe and I am in Mississippi. I am just trying get past getting disability and have my hearing last Thursday. I have no money I need help I am sick can anyone help me find a way to get help in Louisiana or nearby period thank you, Ashley

<Personal data removed by mod>

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a diagnosis of ALS? If you do, and you are going for ssdi it should be approved as long as you have work credits and are not currently working. It is called a TERI diagnosis

Contact your local ALSA. They likely have a social worker who can help you access local programs

Unfortunately stem cell therapy is still in research phase. Any commercial stem cell companies are just after your money- one of the many types of scams PALS need to watch out for

Last edited:
Please listen to Nikki regarding stem cells.

There ARE trials underway but the 'clinics' do not offer this treatment.

Trials are free, clinics cost ~$15,000.

When I was in Jackson Mississippi at UMC they were going to pay 100% of my infusions I was unable and homeless and cannot stay in one place to get this done period so now would I do call UMC back see if they can transfer me somewhere in Louisiana? I honestly have two questions almost dead is there anyway by doing stem cell l can recover a any of what is paralyzed? There is a cbd oil treatment that my child's father swears a friend of his is in a remission type state. Went from wheel chair to running again. He swears I should try it. What ya ll. Think?

I'm sorry, Ashley, I really am.

Infusions, stem cells, oils, whatever--there is nothing that will give you a cure or remission. The best a person with ALS can hope for is to love someone for the rest of your life. -

Get a diagnosis if you don't already one. Then call up Social Security if you need to.

Do you have friends and family where you live? A roommate? Who will be your caregiver?

Open a GoFundMe page and ask for donations.

CBD (and THC) help releive some symptoms, and _may_ slow progression, but NO ONE has seen a remission much less a return of function. Do not believe these stories unless they're first hand, and even then remain skeptical.

I've been on mmj for 3+ years.

This is especially true for ALS: if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

PALS look out for each other, as this forum attests!
If (when!) there's a treatment or cure, we won't sleep until the entire community is aware.

My child's father says there is old out there that have helped a friend of his go from a wheelchair to being able to run again and is in remission to an extent. He was thought he was going to die this year but has got 10 more years to his life. The website (removed commercial link. Hemp/ CBD.. he says it's very inexpensive and it really does work. Just saying what he said. Anyone had experience with this?

My child's father says there is old out there that have helped a friend of his go from a wheelchair to being able to run again and is in remission to an extent. He was thought he was going to die this year but has got 10 more years to his life. The website (removed commercial link. Hemp/ CBD.. he says it's very inexpensive and it really does work. Just saying what he said. Anyone had experience with this?

If you'll read my previous post, just above your post, you'll find an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back