00/0000
Country
US
State
NV
City
Henderson
Hello All,
First off I would like to start this with a thank you to anyone who takes the time of out of their day to read this. I know everyone on here is going through a horrific battle, be it their own or alongside loved ones. I really appreciate you, and I hope I don't anger anyone and if i do, I apologize.

I would like to start this back in 2014. I was having some knee issues, mostly weak feeling with some buckling in the left knee. I shrugged it off as nothing, put a brace on it and it got better. Same thing happened back in 2016 with the same left knee and I did the exact same thing. It got better.

Flash forward to a month ago, I woke up with the same issue, but this time in both knees. I relaxed and spent some time in bed and tried to keep off my feet. But shortly after, I began to experience a new symptom; muscle spasms. They started in the newer leg; the right and then proceeded to occur in the left leg. They happened a good majority of my day. I let it go, figuring it wasn't a huge deal. It has since gotten a bit better but has changed. They muscle spams have occurred all over my body, my arms (bicep and shoulder), my hip, calfs and even my buttocks. They don't spasm for long. Usually just one quick 'pop' feeling and they are gone. My arm ones tend to last a bit longer though. I tend to notice them more out of rest. There are days were my knees feel better and days when I will admit walking is super annoying.

There was some pain in the knee, but it has since gone down.

At night, when I'm laying down I feel like my thighs are vibrating. Not painful but I am very aware of them.

Overall, I'm a healthy 27 year old male. I recently had to go to the ER for pain in my side and when they did bloodwork they said it was and I quote "phenomenal', but something does not feel quite right. Could it be anxiety or more? Due to COVID I'm waiting to get into a doctor, but I guess I'm just on here to see what everyone thinks.

I appreciate you reading this, and taking the time to respond.

You should be able to get an orthopedic consult by telemedicine since you have a knee history. An untreated injury can flare up and irritate everything else. A mild electrolyte imbalance, dehydration, or virus could also contribute. And anxiety, of course. But nothing you've said sounds like ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Laurie, it means the world you responded to me. I really appreciate you <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back