ALS "joke" in new movie "Ted"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moderator moved it, along with the other post. Cant undetstand why, as it is not funny.

I loved your blog Sarah, couldn't agree more. Now if only Seth would write a commercial raising awareness and money for Lou's disease!

Well said and well written, Bill and Sarah!

Well said Bill and Sarah. More awareness any way we can get it.

I now have all 4 appendages affected by this stupid disease (varied degrees in each), yet continue to clomp around w/ afo s and a rollator. My right hand is good for nothing except as shelf when eating sandwiches ( oh, and "looking" functional "holding" the rollator).

We decided a couple years ago to laugh at this forever if possible. My newest nickname is "Cripple", "Crips" for short. I'm fine with that...in fact I think I started it.

Better to laugh than cry, right?

My father died of ALS and though the joke was a bit much for me I laughed....cause well Daddy would have laughed. I DO thinK Seth knows someone with ALS I say that because of the many jokes from the family guy about ALS this is not the first. I laugh because I remember trying to set up Daddy's ovcom (sp) speaking device and thinking how funny is sounded. I smile when I see Brian's professor on FG yell at his wife and speak with the device and curse. Some of those jokes people don't get cause they don't know the disease. But my husband and I laugh every time cause we know....We know how a wheelchair can run into anything in it's path and knock over furniture or your foot and Seth knows too cause these are the types of jokes he has. Maybe you should take a look again and see if you are offended. I mean he says out of anything in the world he "hopes the bad guy gets ALS" so he knows how horrible the disease really is. Maybe this will help us get more funding and more awareness but I'm telling you we will find out he has a personal reason for all these jokes. I have actually googled this a few times to see if he has a family member or a close friend and so far I can't find anything but I know it's there .......

Great blog thanks for spinning it that way. :)

I think it was wrong. But like they say Bad publicity is better then NO publicity. Negative attention is better then NO attention. I guess it's like the "Wardrove Malfunction" on the super bowl, if it never happened no one would ever mention it again. Maybe it will make millions wonder about it so they can educate others. Still don't agree or like it though. I will never forget when going through the ALS Hell with my dad and we were watching my name is Earl over a friends and a clip came on with the guy and the voice machine. It really don't effect people who have never gone through stuff like that, so the real question is will people even give it a second look if they don't know what ALS is, or will they even care or will they look it up to even see what it is?Maybe, just maybe it will bring Nationwide attention to it, and in turn bring more attention to this horrible disease.>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back