Diagnosis
09/2007
Country
US
State
USA
City
Any
Ok guys I want to start to let the media and everyone about this organization.. This is not anything but a true caring about patients and families. This is one of the most unselfish kind groups ever started. I am asking for you guys to help me spread the word to the media about this, and let them know they can help..If the media and such could get behind this look what could happen.
I can honestly tell you that this is not what the creator of this fine organization does not want ANY credit, and for this reason people outside of our community have no idea about it. We could make this easy for this organization.

ALS GUARDIAN ANGELS
Ok how about e-mails to the media, Congressman, Celebrities, Oprah, Dr. Phill, I have been trying to figure out a way to get ALS into the main focus of the community. We have a chance, this is it.....Do I have your support..?

I think this could allow us to be able to ge the notice of other diseases and causes.
My goal is to have Joel C. travel for life after and with ALS. Stories published, and Guardian Angels have the funding, publicity, and support, and volunteer capabilities to do the good work they do without limits..

Last edited by a moderator:
You have my support here in Canada...

How about the Today show...people who make a difference. You have our support!

The Today show would be great. Should we all e-mail and call. We have to do this together a team effort. We must help get fund-raising and attention for ALS GAURDIAN ANGELS.. This is basically one man doing this from his own fund's and he will not ask for recognition or help, but I will not stand for it not be. He does not want attention but what ALS GAURDIAN ANGELS deserves this. We need a time and day when to call and e-mail. Numbers count...

One thing ... don't make all the e-mails the same wording. If they're all the same, they will be disregarded as an organized campaign (which they are, but shouldn't look like it. :))

A good way to approach the "People who make a difference" is to have a success story to share? Someone (even better ... several people) who have been helped by Guardian Angels, either writing themselves or someone else writing to describe how GA helped them.

It might be good to coordinate with Jeff and the ALS Matters web site ... they have PALS and CALS eager to help get the word out.

I will write to the Today show and tell them our experience with the guardian angels! Will be my weekend project. Consider it done! Kelly

I was sure I could count on you guys, thank's friends. Ok can we all start sending email's to the Today show. All the different storie's, great idea Beth. show here we come. When you you have written, let's communicate with each other. Anyone else on board.. Thanks so much so far.. Here we go.. Candadian friend's and UK and everywhere else, you are just as important.. We are all a family.

Don Imus could be an avenue, he has his own charity ~ the Imus cattle ranch for kids with cancer ~ and his wife is active in several causes, he's probably too busy to get involved much, but I'll bet he'd would be willing to give airtime. I can't commit right now to trying to contact him, but will do so in the future, if no one else does so. Controversial or not, once he takes up a cause, he gets it public attention.

Rose, great avenue, would you mind trying to conact him, he is definitely big when he gets behind a cause.. Love the ideas that keep coming.
I really think Extreme Make Over should get involved with a Pals.. I remember Zen was thinking of contacting them, we should get him on that, we need Pals seen.. Not hidden.

Imus will talk incessantly about any cause he feels worthy, that's for sure, and I believe his typical listening audience is demographically ideal.

I cannot take on anything (even though this seems small) until toward the end of the month at the earliest...

Here is "Today" info

This is a great idea!

Here is the contact info

Today Contact us
Have questions or comments?
E-mail TODAY at: [email protected]
Want to send us a story idea?
Please send story ideas to Noah Kotch, Senior Producer, 379E-1, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112. If your story idea is accepted, we will notify you. We do not have a general fax number.

Want to call or write to us?
If you have questions that need to be answered right away, or want to write to NBC News personnel, our address and phone number are:

30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112
(212) 664-4602

Want to purchase archive video?
Video tapes: TODAY videotapes are available for purchase through NBC News archives (212) 664-3797. Please fax your request to: (212) 703-8558. There is a minimum charge of $150.00 for up to five minutes of tape. Please include the date, subject and any other information that might help with your request. Once your letter is received, you will be sent an agreement form. Once the form is signed and returned to NBC with payment, your request will be filled.

I have heard that Imus is sick again. But still good idea.

What if people who have been helped post here so all of this community has a idea of what a great venture it is. Have you received help from ALSGAF? You don't need to say how much money if it was a donation, but just that you were helped. Did you get equipment? Did you get respite help?

I was helped by having something to do last year when I was focusing too much on myself. The Foundation gave me an avenue to help others instead of moping about my own progression. Really took the stress off when I desperately needed it.

I think these stories should be for our enlightenment - not to repeat to others outside the community. If someone wants to tell their story it is theirs to tell.

What do you all think?

Sharonca

Yes, I think it is a good idea to share. It may be just what is needed to prompt some undecided forum members to write, email, or somehow get involved. There are SO many members who don't post. But maybe they will want to help promote this wonderful organization.

ALS Guardian Angels helped my family financially during the period when we were waiting for Social Security Disability to start. I found Stu to be very caring and compassionate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back