ALS Guardian Angels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully, our ALS Association loaner closet is very well managed. There is always a full closet because everyone around here donates their equipment. We have an abundance of Veterans, so there is always top of the line equipment available to the PALS that cannot afford it. Newcomers are outfitted with the basic equipment immediately because it is always available. Our ALS Association services a very large area. There is a medical supply company that delivers equipment at a nominal charge (paid for by the ALS Association). In order for your ALS Association to really succeed, you have to donate more than equipment, you have to donate time. Since Terry's death, I have been to numerous CALS support groups. I have been to PALS homes to train their CALS on equipment use. I'm available whenever a PALS or CALS needs help. I am simply giving back what was given to us. Terry and I discussed it before his death. It was important to him that I help those that came after him. One person cannot do it alone. Our ALS Association Patient Care Coordinator cannot do it alone. It is amazing that Stu was able to do what he did for so long. What an incredible man.

Glad hear it, Missy! Seems our association lacks personnel or coordination or "something." That's just in reference to the equipment side of things.

I think it helps that our coordinator was also a CALS. She really understands the needs of the PALS.

Glenda, I will copy and paste you post so this will be a new thread, to save the mods the trouble. That way you will get more responses, instead of your question being buried in this thread.

this is sad to hear. it's too much for any one or two people to try to do :( He helped a lot of folks.

I am heartbroken. I have spoken to Stu and exchanged a couple of emails. We are looking forward to a wonderful fishing excursion to the Gulf of Mexico --- my husband used to love to fish --- because of Stu. What a wonderful man and so sad. God Bless him and all he has done for those with ALS.

I posted this on another thread.

I did call Stu even though his charity had closed down. He first said he was sorry but couldn't help us. He listened to me anyway and said to give him some time to think about it. Two days later I had his personal check in my hand. I couldn't believe that this man cared so much after one single phone call. Unbelievable.

My question is why did he walk away from his own charity? What a loss.

I wouldn't have a bipap if not for them, sigh. I wish there was a way to help. Do you think he'd reconsider if I could get some author friends to do a promotion thing to benefit them? Proceeds from books to ALSGA? I know a lot of the authors I know would help (or I think they would)

Should I ask him? I asked before if he wanted us to redo his website (My daughter does website design) and he said he had someone working on it.

I hope and pray someone can help him as he is an angel to so many with this awfull beast, myself included. I truely Pray for a miracle to keep it going for all you that need it so very much, as our medical system is so bad, even denying me a pwc now in process of appeal!

Stu posted a status update on FB this evening stating that ALSGA is planning on reopening.

Oh akllen, that is wonderful news. Maybe I will pm him. Thnk you for keeping us well informed on everythhing.

Keep us informed about the GA.
What a wonderful organization. I would love to help him and support it if I can.

Thank you Allen for lettings us know. So many where praying for him.

That is Awesomely Wonderful News!......Prayers were answered! Thank You Stu. Bless You! and may others Bless you with many donations and angels to help.

I am so happy to hear that Stu is not giving up! This changes a lot of plans...

This is such good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back