ALS Guardian Angels- Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anybody who wants to share their own stories of how Stu has helped them ... or anyone who wamts to help Stu be named ABC's "Person of the Week," this is the website URL I used. The Person of the Week is a feature each Friday on their national newscast on unsung people who help others. There may be other ways to nominate him, especially for those who still can speak, but I e-mailed to the "comments" section of the ABC Website.

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346&cat=World News with Charles Gibson

Good Idea

Just sent in mine.

how did you fill in information for stu as it is things i dont know his name and how to get ahold of him or us if they need to and what subject to put it under

Sent mine in too.

tdamess, go to [link no longer works] and you will find all of of Stu's info.

Last edited by a moderator:
To: Al

Way to go Stu. Let me know if you need me to delete any posts. Give me the post number and what sections and I'll fix it up.

AL.

Al, this forum has been a Godsend to me. The collective power, that the members have is truly incredible. I worry that I may be turning the forum into a "help Stu" message board , which I know isn't its purpose. Is it ok if I keep tapping into the incredible people here that just saved a PALS and her kids from catastrophe.

I ask this because I'm working on another situation that is even more desparate than the one we just went thru. I think the forum members can really make a difference... if they aren't getting too sick of me.

Stu

Stu,

I can not talk for the others.

In the light of what just happened, I would be upset if you stopped using the forums.

YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING POSITIVE HERE

You helped a family in need.

You gave others a mission to help as well. I am sure that made them feel good to be part of it. You actually have helped many by allowing them to participate.

I do not see any issues with that.

If you were trying to sell something, I am sure you would have been told to piss off, but you are not.

My vote , is keep up the good work Stu. What goes around comes around.

Glen

You gave us HOPE Keep Hope Alive

I was more than excited to get involved and help in some small way. Let us keep working the keys.

Stu, you are more than welcome to keep posting on this forum! I would be extremely upset if you stopped! You are doing a fantastic job of helping PALS and it a pleasure for us to help in anyway we can. God Bless you!

tda ... I put in the topic of Evening News and/or Person of the Week. (can't remember which) You don't have to give information about others who have been helped. I'd just nominate the organization and say you have seen how this organization is helping ALS patients on a personal level and making a big difference in people's lives. And it's been funded and is run by one person, Stu Milheiser.

STU ... your postings here are empowering to us Caregetters and Caregivers. It makes a huge difference to me to feel that I can "take action" to help other pals, instead of dwelling on all the things I CAN'T do any more. So please stay with us and let us know any time or way we can help!

I love it when you post Stu. It gives me a little ray of hope and keeps my Pals from sitting around. We need to know we are still part of society and we can still get things done. It is very exciting to know that we are all on a mission together, lol sort of like solving a crime. Keep up the good work Stu. Stu's postings are like a soap opera you just keep coming back to see whats next!

Al, can you make this thread a "sticky"?

I think what Stu is doing surpasses amazing. I would love to see a "Stu Sticky thread".
Then he wouldn't have to start a new thread when he needs "help in numbers".

I whole heartedly agree with the others who feel impowered when they help. Knowing that you have contributed to a solution for a PALS in need is a very good and satisfying feeling. Like some others here, my family has been abandoned by those that we assumed would be there for us.

Having so many rally to help a PALS they don't even know personally gives hope to all of us. This is what it is all about! Helping each other out in whatever way you are able. Thank God for this forum and for all of you.:D

Linda

We're all here to help each other here Stu. We all try to do what we can whether it be big or small. I don't think we'll get sick of helping when we can.

AL.

Thank you from the Camacho Family

My name is Brittany Camacho, Danielle Camacho's daughter. My mom is not able to express herself so I'm speaking for all the Camacho's. I asked Stu to post our message.

Stu told us what the people in this forum did to keep us in our house. We are so grateful to you. I'm sure that all of you are dealing with your own problems. To step up and help a family that you don't know is unbelievable. Thank you, thank you, thank you all!

Sincerely,
Danielle, Alfred, Brittany, and Jessica Camacho

Thank you all.

We thank you for letting us be a part of your lives and helping you was a pleasure. Many of us may find ourselves in the same situation one day. We thank Stu, ALS Guardian Angels, members of the Forum, and most of all we thank God for working this out to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back