SMillheiser

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
california
City
san juan capistrano
I have a PALS who fell behind on her mortgage. Since January 2009, I have made about 200 phone calls and sent as many letters in order to renegotiate the loan and bring it up to date. In that time, not a single person at JP Morgan Chase would speak with me. We just got notice that the house will be auctioned off on August 6.

This lady is 39 with two adolescent children. She is completely paralyzed and can not speak. She is not yet aware of the auction... but just speaking with her about the situation brings tears and the most agonizing cries of desperation.

Apparently, JP Morgan Chase would rather not help me resolve the problem on mutually agreeable terms in favor of throwing a 39 year old mother and her two children out on the street and auctioning off her house at a huge discount.

I am in desparate need of a lawyer familiar with these issues in order to prevent the upcoming auction. Does anyone know of an attorney (or otherwise knowledgeable person) that is willing to give me some advise? The time they spend would be tax deductible in the amount of their billing rate. Thanks.

Stu Home/Office: 949-488-9894 Cell: 949-233-3045

Hi Stu,

I do not know of a lawyer, but as a former daily newspaper reporter, I would strongly suggest you contact the local media (TV and newspapers) in the area where this woman lives. Since the auction date is fast approaching, I would do it immediately. Also, contact any national media outlets as well, as I imagine you probably have contacts there. I would even contact the local Associated Press office in the area where this woman lives. If the AP were to write about it, it may then be picked up nationally. You should present the story idea just as you have outlined here: a seriously ill, paralyzed mother of two kids, with no ability to speak, is being thrown out on the street. Personally, I think a large metro would be interested in this tragic tale.

Getting a reporter to write about what is happening to this woman and her family may be the fastest way of getting a response from JP Morgan Chase. The threat of bad publicity can make some amazing things happen, often quite suddenly. I have seen it happen many, many times.

Where does this woman live? I do not work as a daily news reporter any longer, but I still have some friends who do, in different parts of the country.

Good luck to you. I have read about your organization-- you do amazing work.

Sandra

Sandra-

She lives in Southern California in Orange County. This is right between LA and San Diego. I have never been able to attract the news media. Its funny, there can be half a page about a cub scout pack raising money for a trip to Disneyland..... but I can't get a line about how we are trying to help those with this terrible disease nationwide.

I guess thats the way it is. If you know anyone out here that may be able to attract attention to this family's plight, I'd appreciate anything you can do.

Stu

Stu~

Do you know of any investors that could pick it up at auction for a cheap price and then sell back to her via land contract or rent it to her? Does she have any family members that would be willing to buy or have her sell it to them? You wont get anywhere with the investor so maybe you can do creative financing? Is she upside down on her mortgage/loan to value? Or is there ANY equity to work with? Yes, I am a loan officer but cant do loans outside of Mich, however I do know people who can if she has equity (20%) and a family or friend who would buy it and then sell back on a land contract, too late to Refi with her credit. I know the home values are an issue in Calf., just like Mich. But sometimes they may approve a short sale.....

april

You guys are such sweet people. I think it is time for us to help Stu, who can we call, write? bug? Stu is literally a one man show, he is doing all of this for us out of the kindness of one person's heart, he and his daughter have taken us into their heart's and minds, let's get back on helping him, I know you guys can do it, this is the best group of people I have ever known.

April ...

Yes... she is significantly upside down. She was doing well financially and decided to buy her "dream house". Her mom co signed the loan. They should never have been approved because mom was broke and unemployed and my PALS was just starting out with her business. They gave her a jumbo loan anyway. A few weeks after closing she was diagnosed. Her family is not close and no one has any money of significance. I was considering trying to buy it.... but if it didn't work out, I wouldn't be able to continue this work financially.

Thanks everyone for all your concern... but I think August 6 is going to be a very sad day for me.

Stu

We need a miracle and we need it now

All I can offer is support in the form of prayer. Please people get behind this before it is too late.

Father God, I agree with those praying for this woman and her house and we believe you for a miracle. Somehow, someway, open a door that no man can shut and meet this need. Give wisdom guidance, direction, and connections where needed to bring this story to thousands of people, and work out a solution that only you know how to in this day. We humbly ask this in the name of your precious son Jesus Christ. And we will give you all glory honor and praise for this victory.
Amen

P.S. I am sending copies of this story to the few people I know who may be able to give it some publicity. If any of you out there have contacts please forward a copy of this story today.
If we could get say 500 people to each give $1000 would that be enough to cover the amount. Give us some guidelines and I will send to everyone on my email list.

Last edited:
Can somebody call or e-mail the local media,radio,T.V.,newspapers, I hope something positive happens soon for you. Good luck

Hi, Stu,

I did send the info to the Associated Press bureau in Los Angeles, where I am acquainted with the news editor. We worked together 13 years ago or so and he is not someone I kept in touch with, but it was worth a try.

Please let me know if there are any other media outlets you think it would be worthwhile to contact and I will do it for you.

I hope this works out for this family.

Sandra

email these people and more

Please start a list of people email address for us to flood their offices with comments about this problem.

JP Morgan Chase
Head of Media Relations for the Americas
Brian Marchiony
[email protected]

[email protected] The Glenn Beck Show

[email protected]
for The Colbert Show

I am sending the following to all:

I have ALS as do many of the members on the ALSFORUM.com site. We have a situation where someone is in desperate need of help, before they get thrown out of their house. Please consider the message below:
icon1.gif
ALS Guardian Angels- Please read
I have a PALS who fell behind on her mortgage. Since January 2009, I have made about 200 phone calls and sent as many letters in order to renegotiate the loan and bring it up to date. In that time, not a single person at JP Morgan Chase would speak with me. We just got notice that the house will be auctioned off on August 6.

This lady is 39 with two adolescent children. She is completely paralyzed and can not speak. She is not yet aware of the auction... but just speaking with her about the situation brings tears and the most agonizing cries of desperation.

Apparently, JP Morgan Chase would rather not help me resolve the problem on mutually agreeable terms in favor of throwing a 39 year old mother and her two children out on the street and auctioning off her house at a huge discount.

I am in desperate need of a lawyer familiar with these issues in order to prevent the upcoming auction. Does anyone know of an attorney (or otherwise knowledgeable person) that is willing to give me some advise? The time they spend would be tax deductible in the amount of their billing rate. Thanks.

Stu Home/Office: 949-488-9894 Cell: 949-233-3045

The link for this is at: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=85085#post85085
THE BANK, JP Morgan Chase WILL NOT EVEN DISCUSS THIS ISSUE. Can you please help?

Last edited:
Hi Stu,

I sent the info to Brian Melley, my former colleague, at the Associated Press in LA. I do not know anyone at the LA Times, but I sent it to their assignment editor and also forwarded to a few TV stations in the area. Hopefully someone will determine this has news interest (I would) and be in touch.

Best,

Sandra

You may have thought of this already, but how about trying to get publicity thru the celebs- Nancy O'Dell for the MDA, and/or Angela Lansbury for ALSA.

If Stu can contact the MDA & ALSA in the area, and have the representative contact the celeb to take it to the media ASAP. ?

I would also contact the ALS Association. Their national hq is in Calabasas Hills. They may be able to help with contacts or assist in other ways.

Media Contact Information:

The ALS Association
Communications Department
27001 Agoura Road, Suite 250
Calabasas Hills, CA 91301-5104

Main Telephone and Email
(818) 880-9007
Email us at [email protected]

Jeff Snyder
Vice President, Communications
(818) 587-2220
[email protected]

Gary Wosk
Manager, Media Relations
(818) 587-2241
[email protected]

Greg Cash
Director, Communications
(818) 587-2243
[email protected]

Thank you EVERYONE for your help and thoughts.

Al, your offer is very heartfelt. To think of it while struggling with your own finances is incredible. HOWEVER, I could never let accept this type of help. Almost every PALS/CALS I know of is struggling with their own financial problems. You are all as important as my PALS. I'm almost resigned to the fact that with 2 weeks to go, there is little anyone to do, but I'll keep trying.

You are all special. If there is any upside to my involvement with the ALS community (PALS and CALS) it is that I would have never had the opporunity to know some of the most admirable people in the world.

I'm not religiously observant, but GOD BLESS YOU ALL is the only appropriate thing I can say.

Stu

Stu,
Please try Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles 1102 South Crenshaw Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90019-3111 Office: (800) 399-4529
I was toldthat they provide free legal services to people in need.

I also suggest contacting Senator Feinstein office, see the below contact info.
Los Angeles
11111 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 915
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Phone: (310) 914-7300
Fax: (310) 914-7318
The following counties are served by the Los Angeles office: Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Ventura.
San Diego
750 B Street, Suite 1030
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619) 231-9712
Fax: (619) 231-1108
The following counties are served by the San Diego office: Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Imperial, San Diego.
Good luck, Cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back