08/2011
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Orlando
hello

I spoke with Lisa today from ALSGA. She told me that the one thing they can use now is fundraisers.

I posted on CL to get items that I can put either in a yard sale or post on CL to re-sell (As I have no $$ to donate of my own)

I would also still like to get that book up and going and listed on Amazon. ANYONE that has a story that they'd like to include in the book, please PM and let me know.

ALL proceeds from the book WILL go to ALS Guardian Angels. Amazon pays monthly.

Rcharlton had this idea about a book a while back, and I've posted about it before as well.

As my levels of ability go downhill--I find that I have more time to spend in front of a computer. I can still think and type (sorta)

ISBN numbers aren't a problem--I already have them--printing isn't a problem--I have that available, too. Providing e-books isn't a problem--I can do that as well.

So, any takers?

I think stories that are inspirational and information on the disease itself WILL sell. Fiction is good, too. I've read some great posts here--there are so many things we could do to promote awareness and get the Guardian Angels the money they so desperately need.

Stu and Lisa are doing almost everything out of their own pockets. I'd love to help---how bout you?

I was trying to find a link I just saw has anyone received help from ALS Guardian Angel's Well I forgot my password could not post. Now I can't find it. :( In
In the past few years Stu has been there for me unconditional ! I have been helped several times.

Sorry, I can't seem to post anything resembling a link but they are easy to find. I told Lisa I'd do what I could to do fundraising. I've got an ad on CL trying to find donations for things I can resell to donate.

I'd love to do the book, but need the stories--fiction or non-fiction--to put in it.

I will try to dig up some stories on the forum of my husband and send you the links. But, if I'm the only one willing to contribute, it may be all for naught.

Last edited:
Appreciate it.

I think it's a good idea. We're going to be doing a CPR class with all proceeds going to them--probably won't be much, but suppose every little bit helps

Anyone think a member-loaning closet would work (I mean for members that have been here for more than ten minutes)

For instance, I've got a manual chair I could loan to someone (It won't work in my house--carpet is too think and I don't have the hand/arm strength to use it) I have a remote control electric bed with massage, too, that I can't use (Kills my back)

I could sell them--but I'd so much rather they were being used by a PAL that could benefit then either return it or pay it forward when /if they didn't need it any longer.

I was going to send the manual chair to the nice lady in HI, but she found one herself locally (like the day I bought this one)

I also know if a great bed with a trapize here locally that is very inexpensive if anyone needs one that's in the Orlando area, and a free one that is not electric a business friend will donate.

We usually put items in the Used Equipment part of this forum and just offer it for free to any pALS that can use it.

Here is an example of a success story: (another story for your book, if you wish!)

"Please read about Jack's legacy" (do a search for Jack's Legacy or one for traveling wheelchair, I'll pm the link)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back