ALS Functional Rating Scale predictor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, gang. Joining in on the fun! 22/40 and 30/48 after 8.5 years symptom onset.

Sure Richard NOW you try to cheer us up. I won't have time to do the test for a couple of days. I'm still studying.

It's March Break Al... do it after you get back from Disneyworld!

T.

i first noticed signs of als in february 2004, and a real decline since march 2005, so far no respitory involvment

Hi Marge. Being one that has has respiratory involvement I sort of envy you. What sort of decline have you noticed since Mar. 05? Oh and TBear I don't get to do Disney this year. I missed going south this year. Lee and I were watching some video of Florida from a few years ago swimming with the manatee's and going for 3 helicopter rides with this crazy Irishman Vietnam Vet over the swamps north of Tampa. The guy had us going along 20 feet over the grass and chasing airboats and doing a real beatup over the whole place probably illegal as hell but if you don't get caught or killed it is a great day. Best helicopter ride I ever got. Hint Hint. Another Hint. So When are you coming over to Burbank International? Better come soon while I can still do up my own seat belt. Also noticed your new position on the board. Congrats to you and Carol. Glad to have you aboard.
Al

Last edited:
... nothing like shooting up a few unsuspecting residents and bush dwellers to get your sphincter exercised. Don't worry... if I can get a machine, I should be able to drop it in your back yard... and you can get Lee to buckle you up... I won't look.
The professor and I are off to England this weekend... witha side trip to Barcelona!

Cheers

T.

Good idea but the front yard might be better. Less trees and not terraced like the back. Have a good trip.
Al

hi al
i have lost the use of my right arm, most of my left, i can still lift about 2 inches,can't carry anything though,my legs have been going, can't do stairs, if i sit too low i don't have the strength to get up, i have noticed some shortness of breath if i over do it, living one day at a time, adjusting to the obstacles in front of me.i guess having breathing problems are far worse than my little obstacles
marianne

Hi Marianne. I'm not sure which is worse the hand loss or the crappy breathing. I guess they both have their pro's and cons but I guess it is easier to get help with your breathing than some of the hand tasks. A Bipap or a vent is available to help with breathing and then you can function on your own but you can't do a lot of things or need help with the hand tasks. Great fun this disease isn't it? Keep smiling.
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back