Status
Not open for further replies.
ALS worries

Hi there,

Since September I have had strange symptoms. First off it started as weakness in left leg and spread to my left arm over the next few days.
Around the start of October these symptoms disappeared and didn't come back until the end of October. Some occasionally twitching apparent.

It started out again as tingling/weakness in my left leg, could still walk normally, no foot drop etc and no problem with strength (No signs anyway). This spread to my left arm again within a few days, some switching was apparent in my left leg but at this point there was no pain. Pain in my eyes was apparent when moving then but this subsided after a few days as well. My right arm was also affected with weakness/tingling sensations (Perceived weakness, although I could still grip and walk normally etc). Around the middle of November these symptoms disappeared again.

End of November they returned again with tingling/weakness in left leg and left arm. This time it spread to my right arm and I began to have more twitching in my legs and some times in my arms (This worried me as It is a sign of ALS). Both my arms have a strange tingling sensation and my left leg also. Again, no problems walking or gripping things, typing on a computer etc... When walking my leg leg feels week but I have not stumbled or tripped over. On one night I had uncomfortable pain in both my legs and I became very hot when in bed. My legs felt extremely achy and this still happens occasionally. I went to the gym once and after 2 minutes on the rowing machine my legs burnt. No problems walking on my tip toes or gripping thing etc. My legs some times ache but it seems to have spread really quickly since September. When I woke today I was also very fatigued and feel like this quite often. I take anti depressants though (Never had these symptoms before might I add)

I am 22, a male and before September had never experienced any symptoms like the ones above. I have a neurologist appointment on the 11th of this month. My symptoms in September started very abruptly.

Mod not- merged threads. Thread remains closed.

Danny. Do not post till you actually have some sort of information from your doctor that indicates they think you have MND. You do not belong on an ALS forum.

Re: Back from the neurologist

You do not have ALS and you hanging around here desperate to be told you have it, is wrong and screams out that you need some sort of counselling.

Move along now, please. Enough already.

Danny, as you wrote...

"I asked her “would it be ALS” and said 100% definitely not. I wanted to ask her a few questions about it but she said “what does it matter you don’t have it”. I just want to know, how would she know I don’t have it?"

("I just want to know, how would she know I don’t have it?")

She is a Neurologist... and you're not. :)

Danny, merging this new thread with your old. There is no longer any reason to post here, as you have been cleared by a neurologist.

Do not open another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back