Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
RO
State
NT
City
Roman
Hi, I am 22 years old, student in computer science and really anxious when it comes to health.
During my life I had 3 epileptic seizures, but they were not diagnosed as epilepsy because doctors couldn't find abnormalities in EEG. Did an MRI which was clean with the following exceptions:
2-3 lesions (like in ms) but doctors said they are old and unspecific
Hipofiza looked abnormal

Also, I know my self as having low thrombocytes (platelets) due to unknown cause. Went to the doctor could not find anything, that was it.

Lately, in January this year discovered that I had multiple twitches in my body, lots of them. Possibly I had them for a while, bit that was the moment when I discovered them. Panicked a lot about als, and I am still panicked.
3 months passed since then, my twitchings are rarer now, but they went to one spot: my knee, right quad. Also, worth mentioning that I took some magnesium that helped reduce the twitchings.
Now that spot, in my opinion seems to be smaller than the one in my right leg, that specific muscle.

This is what bothers me a lot, and destroys me. I have even measured my quad circumference and they are almost the same.
I am also able to to pistol squats with that leg (one legged squats), maximum 5 in a row. Like I don't feel any weakness

I observed that that twitches appear when my leg is extended, and when it is, I feel that muscle really tight, that specific area. Of course things become normal after I run 4km, because I started doing that in order to test my self. So after running, and while running, that feeling of tightness disappears..

Should I be worried? Tell me your opinion, please.

I have learned to do the one legged squats in the past 2 weeks.

IMG_20200326_144342.jpg
IMG_20200306_234132.jpg

These are my legs.

Attachments

• IMG_20200306_234104.jpg
    IMG_20200306_234104.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
Last edited by a moderator:
Please read this if you have not already done so

You have not described ALS. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. Failure would be the reason to be concerned, not “feeling weak”. If you can still do everything you could do previously, then you’re in good shape. See your doctor if you’re concerned, but you’re in the wrong place here.

I understand what you are telling me. But what about that "atrophy" or are my legs asymmetrical? To be honest I have measured them but I never found a difference bigger than 2 cm.
And the sansation that I have in my spot, where it twitches, I feel like there is something underneath my skin sometimes. I don't know, and what is your advice ? Go to neurologist or a psychologist? Many people say that I should go to a psychologist because I have been 3 times at a neurologist.
Last time when I was it was in January, but I didn't mentioned about my twitches. She looked in my MRI, and did a small neuro exam, to test some reflexes and some abilities.
I had a full neuro examination in August, where the doc did a lot of tests with my body. Everything went well.

Most people are asymmetrical. If Mg reduced the twitches, that is more confirmation that they are not ALS-related.

There is self-care between neurology (which, as you say, has been negative 3x -- great news) and a psychologist. That is paying more focused attention to food, drink, stress, sleep, stretching, social interaction (even if digital in these times) -- all the kinds of nourishment that your body and mind need. I suspect if you consider all these, you will find your own best prescription for feeling better.

Best,
Laurie

Please forgive me if I sound confused. Three seizures in 20+years, twitching that rectified itself. Kiddo how in the world did you come up with a non-treatable fatal disease? I am the mom of 3-sons, all athletes just like you, I promise you, what you're experiencing is not ALS. You need a good masseuse. I'm not sure you'll find one in the middle of this Global pandemic, but you can try a hot bath. When things get back to whatever the new normal is, please have a great life. Love from a Mama.

To be honest I don't even know what I need, but the anxiety that I feel I really destroying me sometimes. All for a goddamn leg that twitches and feels right.

If the anxiety is destroying you, you've answered your own question. Psychology is increasingly available on line these days, so you could get some good work done during the pandemic.

Definitely coming here thinking you have a rare terminal illness because you twitch is more to do with anxiety than anything. I hope you can find help, as there are many effective ways to deal with this.

Hei guys, thank you for your kind words. I will try to be calm and to solve my anxiety related problem. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back