Als fear consuming my life Please Help Please !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rishabh Gautam

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IN
Hi, I am a 23 year old male.

A brief history – Since last year i am not doing pretty well, i used to have anxiety panic attack and depression, Heart palpitation. For that plenty of test has been done

1. Brain MRI – ok

2. Brain EEG – ok

3. Chest xray -ok

4. Whole abdomen Ultrasound – ok

5. Blood test – ok except a slightly hight lymphocytes and low vitamin D

Current situation – so i used to have very bad twitching 2-3 months back when i go sleep, my calf hands head face eyebrows like it used to circulate lot. After testing and everything i accepted the fact that i have health anxiety and Pnic attack , After that my twitching stopped completely.

I was treated for GERD 2 months back, I was unable to eat for some reason my stomach feels bad and i could not swallow, but after taking meds PPI i was able to eat full meal and my appetitite was back. last month i had very bad stomach heat burn for some time as soon as i wake up so i was put on Gerd medication again i was eatng but very slowly, NOw its been a month and i eat very very less food i fear like it will go in my windpipe, and only swalloe from left half of my throat and also it take me 1 hr to eat my food. I feel very tired throughout the day and headache when i wake up.

Now they are treating me with antidepressent and saying its anxiety.

But i am very scared that is it Bulbar onset. ? I have been eating slow for a month now and i have lost 19 Kg in 2 years but 4 kg in lastt month only due to not eating.

we have consulted a nerologist too last month and that time i was treated for gerd. I feel he checked me for Limb on set . I am very scared and idk what to do . Its like i have to swallow more then usual and i get tired eating and also i have to take breath in between as if i have lost my breathing while eating rythm. Though i dont have this problem drinking liquids. What should i watch for what should i do.I only eat liquid diet and eat some solid and it remaiin in my mouth in my cheeks and i have to swallow multiple time to swallow solid food and it take me long time.

Please help me any help would be appreciated. What shall i do . Am i confused shall i take depression med or had an endoscopy to see if i have any oesophagus or what i am very terrified and my life is falling apart Please any help would mean a lot to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your doctors are highly trained and know what they are doing.
My husband was bulbar onset and it is nothing like what you are describing, not a single thing. So you must let that fear go, and let your doctors work with you. You must be consuming so many calories with your constant state of panic over one thing or another and that will affect your weight and your levels of energy.

Please read this really carefully, then go back to your doctor.

Asking terminally ill people anything more won't be an appropriate way to work through this, only your doctors can help.

Sometimes, it takes a while to get GERD medication right, and diet/stress are also important to everything from dry mouth to eating too fast. It is good to drink liquids before, during, and after eating when this is the case. If you do not have the weight to lose that you lost, then something needs to change for your health, but it has nothing to do with ALS.

Since you acknowledge anxiety, I would consider counseling, which could help both your mind and body in that respect. I would also make sure you have been checked for sinus tachycardia, which can be greatly helped by medication and can lead to the issues you describe. I would also ask about a sleep study, or you can video yourself sleeping to see if you have movement or breathing abnormalities when you sleep. These too generally respond to treatment.

The good news: we don't see any reason to worry about ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back