ALS Event and News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicely done, keep up the great work.

Great job, Jim! Nice article, too.

I'm impressed with your personal journey. Great job.

Sharonca

international symposium

sorry if this is a bit late or if it has been displayed before
November 2008. Birmingham England It is encouraging to put faces to some names of the people who are trying to help us...and I think it gives more encouragement that there really are lots of people that matter out there trying for us
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Great video Jim!
I was diagnosed last june, age 48 then, still working 2 days a week as a nurse, waiting for SSD to approve me sometime this month, and living every day as if it were my last.

My hubby and I have 3 boys, and I sure don't want him raising all 3 of them alone!:lol::lol:
Keep up the good work,
brenda

Jim - What a awesome job you're doing to get the word out for all of us! Thank you!

Jennifer - Thanks for the link. It is so nice to see all of these great minds working together to find the cure! We sit here everyday wondering if something really is being done or are we just getting lip service, and seeing this restored my faith in our doctors, researchers and our healthcare system.

Thank you both! :razz:

Take care.
Pam B in Va

pmbenb83...
yes I think we all sit around and wonder if anything really is being done, and it seems to take so long for things to happen. I am sure more people on the forum know things in their local area. Like I KNOW that a new charity has been set up in london for research, I KNOW that a london hospital is doing a lot of research into stem cell treatment, and I KNOW that my neuro, at my mnd clinic in london is heavily into research, he has video conferencing monthly with all sorts of other doctors from who knows where, to share ideas on any research, and I KNOW that my neuro is planning a new trial in the UK for later in 2009...it is in addition to the UK lithium trial, but I dont know anything else. All these things ARE going on but have not reached the press yet, and I am sure there is tons of stuff going on all over the world which we dont know about. I only just found out about Project ALS, who are doing wonderfull things.
It is all this hope that helps me to keep going...something will happen soon for us, just hurry it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back