Not open for further replies.

Siam

Country
UK
State
London
City
London
Dear all symptoms to share if I may please.

3 months of lightheadedness and fatigue. Weightloss of 6 kg in the last 2 months muscle mass all over and with it resultant weakness. Occasional numbness tingling sensation in hands feet and legs. A lump in the throat sensation and awareness of drinking liquids never felt before. Heightened sense of smell and hearing. The symptoms appear to escalate very fast.

Numerous tests more recently brain MRI full spine MRI EMG NCV blood tests all negative. Neuro of 30 years says 99.9 % not ALS and says more tests not required. Further he says I should see a psychiatrist. Awaiting carcinoid tumor tests as there is a family history.

Still despite best efforts to eat as much as I can I can't gain weight. In fact the weight loss continues and with it weakness hand dexterity etc etc. and feel I am literally wasting away with no medical solution nor diagnosis.

Have read a lot of inet based info and struggling to stop thinking about ALS and all that would mean for me and my young family.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated please
Siam

@Siam:

Since this new thread of yours is basically a copy/paste of your other thread titled: "First Post", the reply I posted to you on that particular thread still stands.

Regards,

Thanks Carlos For your comments. I was recommended to repost it under this more relevant thread.
Kind regards

Hi siam.
Nothing in your symptoms points to als so please believe your neuro.
However substantial weight loss is concerning and this should be looked into.
There are small cell/hard to detect cancers that can cause neurological symptoms....cancer can cause weight loss.
Maybe see if they can check for this.
Take care.

Thanks Olly for your reply. I am awaiting results of a carcinoid tumor test (family history rules it in as a risk) much appreciated comments.
Kindest regards
Siam

Any thanks for this link. Very helpful.
Kindest regards
Siam

Siam, have you had liver function blood tests lately. Particularly ALT. If it is single digits it explains all your symptoms.

Many thanks for the suggestion. I did an ALT as part of a LFT three weeks ago and it was at 38 U/L. so just in the so called normal range.

I am curious though that you refer to v low levels of ALT causing such symptoms. I could not see anything online that refers to this or did I misunderstand your point please.

Siam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back