Diagnosis
07/2006
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Bassett
The ALS Accociation has a DVD named "Living With ALS". We were given a copy the first time we went to the ALS Clinic last July but in the hustle and bustle of things forgot about it. Last Sunday afternoon Mitzi found it and she and I watched it. It is the best explanation of all the symptoms and ways to help them I have ever seen.

There have been numerous questions on this forum about BiPaps, cough assist devices, wheel chairs, communication devices, and other assistive devices. This DVD explains in depth about these and many other devices. It also has a section on nutrition, practices, and all other answers tio questions about ALS.

The national ALS Association provides this DVD free of charge to all PALS and CALS. I strongly urge anyone who doesn't have a copy to contact their local chapter and request a copy. It will be well worth your time, even if you have had this damnable disease for a while.
Cya,
Gordon

anyone know if it is available in Canada?

Hi Shawn. I've sent an email to ALS Ont to find out. How are you doing, by the way?

AL.

Gordon,

Thank you so much for the info on the DVD. I just ordered it!

I get tired of reading so much stuff and it doesn't always register!

Thanks!

ALS Ont doesn't have it but are going to talk nice to ALSA to see if we can get some. I'll keep you posted.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back