Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
app 5% pals in sweden in period 1991-2010 had diabetes, and app 4% was t2.
any diabetics here?

Last edited:
My wife developed type 2 diabetes during her ALS journey Jethro. Other than that, and a little thing called ALS, she was the picture of health.

The prevalence of diabetes in Sweden was 5.8-6.8 % in 2013 so this doesn’t seem particularly meaningful. Especially as both conditions are more likely with increasing age

@jonico did she take metformin? how she found out about t2? was she pre/diabetic and when she developed it? sorry, noone to ask...

I don't mind you asking Jethro. She did take metformin and we found out about it through blood work. I can't remember if we asked for her to be tested for that specifically, or it was picked up coincidentally. The only real indicator she had was that she felt increasingly thirsty over some period of time. There was no indication she was prediabetic before the diagnosis, but she did have some diabetes in her family. Have you been tested? Curious why you ask. All the best...Jon

I have T2 as well. It’s under control with oral medication.

I have t2 as well as als- don't think there is a link between the 2. i'm on metform and control my diet. it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back