00/0000
Country
UK
State
JS
City
Jeesey
Afternoon, and thanks for reading

I've been.haveing swallowing issues for 6 months and all over twitching, also.muscle weakness in both arms.

I.had a emg ncs last week and all that was found on emg was a few fasiculations and some muap in right calf muscles with no other findings.

I have not had official report yet but the neurophisiologist said nothing of concern.

I'm still concerned as scince this has started I.keep.on.having twitching on.throat when swallowing
Any advice if this is Al's.

Best wishes

Emg results

Also constantly bloated and muscle twitching all over stomach, I'm worried sick about this and cant stop worrying about it , would muscle weakness off shown on emg.please help

Attachments

• 1639232889522922171396841667932.jpg
    1639232889522922171396841667932.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 149
Bigedd, the answer is... No.

"but the neurophisiologist said nothing of concern."

Great news.

What you did post of an EMG should have some kind of
Summary/Conclusion/Comment at the bottom.

But again... great news.

(Try hard not to get to the swirling cycle of Health Anxiety.)

Last edited:
Al means no to ALS. Yes if muscle weakness was due to lower motor neuron disease it would show on your emg

you need to go back to your primary care doctor

Many thanks Clearwater

He never tested my arms ,theres definitely weakness there , I asked him a few questions, and it was like drawing blood out off a stone with him , as soon as I've used a muscle group they start twitching, would the emg off picked something up.even though the arms went tested

Best wishes

Ed

He tested your thoracic paraspinals though. He also tested your trap which is a bulbar site so you were screened for 3 regions. Twitching is very common especially is weightlifters. Please work with your doctor.

Hi nikki

Many thanks
I'm just a layman, so all these names off muscles mean nothing to.me , I'm a steel erector I am also dyslexic so reading reports like this is a struggle , I'm in my late 40s and when I'm working my forearms get really tight and the they start twitching, they also itch now quite a lot , I appreciate anyone help here , would the ginoglossus and trapezius as mentioned covered swallowing muscles , I'm just worried at moment, all my reflexes were good when he tested them including a stick he rubbed up the sole off my foot.

Best wishes

Ed

Yes. It is not your job as a patient to interpret reports. However the neurophysiologist told you it was ok. They have 13-18 years of post high school education and training , passed difficult exams for licensure and certification and have to update through continuing education constantly. They know what they are doing

Here are the readings from 1st eng carried out in july they came back as no evidence of Al's.im constantly clearing through off sections, like a fool I.typed in problems on.internet of swallowing issues and it came up.as Al's, are emgs accurate, I am going back to my pcp , see what they say ,I'm a family man and just worried about all this ,I know the neurophisiolgyst are experts , but the emg I had done last week was a private one and it was done on laptop with the testing wires comeing out of it ,unlike the 1st one which was done in a university hospital.

Bw

Edd

I think what you are missing is that twitching means nothing.

People with ALS don't feel all the stuff you describe, this is important. They feel perfectly normal, and suddenly their body fails them.
You are describing something very different.

Please let your doctor explain the offical report to you, and remember you are a layman and don't understand this disease, so don't try to convince yourself it must be way worse than the doctor says.
All the very best.

Here is official report from last emg from last week ,I'm just concerned about strength in arms and when swallowing now it makes a gurgling/croaking noise , I'm not for moaning about the odd ailment ,I've been to.doctors twice in 14 years and I'm self employed so I cant really be off work sick as I dont get paid, just worried about what's happening. Would the ginoglossus muscle cover throat swallowing issues , I'm due to go to new Zealand in January for work , I'd like to find out what's going on

Many thanks to.everyone .

BW

Ed

Attachments

• 16392477740163567589781466795604.jpg
    16392477740163567589781466795604.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 131
As the report states, there is no evidence of nerve damage that relates to ALS or any other serious disease. The verdict is that you have overactive nerves (jumpy) but not anything that needs or has treatment. You can probably discover for yourself what triggers you may have. Modifying your diet and maybe drinking something at a certain temperature before and after eating, etc. may help. But there is no reason not to travel to NZ from this report.

Best,
Laurie

Congrats on no ALS! Not via your symptoms, not via your clean clinical exams, and not by your clean EMG. Lucky, lucky you. I do hope you find whatever is going on, but since you don't have ALS for the reasons listed above, you really should put this out of your mind.

Best of luck to you and please take good care.

Hi
All affected by this disease for replying to.me , I really have the upmost respect and I really did not know anything about als/mnd until I did some reading on it and if I can raise some money towards a cure I'm going to do that ,as a steel erector I help build very tall buildings, sometimes hanging off the side of them at 1200 feet , you guys are far more braver than I will.ever be , and I salute you in respect , but this has put the fear off god into.me and I've never been like this before , so you kind folk do not thinck its Al's or bulbar als , once again I thankyou .

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back