CALS
Country
UK
State
london
City
london
Hi,

My apologies if I an wasting anyone's time. I have tried to refrain from posting and dismissing possible symptoms, but have been growing increasingly concerned as they have not abated and I am abroad and access to medical care is not that easy. I am, therefore, hoping someone can give me a little guidance.

My symptoms started with random muscle spasms and occasional, minor involuntary movements. The spasms occur throughout the day and have been a constant over the last month. The involuntary movements started in my fingers and thumbs and were the first of my symptoms to present. More recently I have found myself being a little clumsy and tripping occasionally. Perhaps, as a result of my 'search' exploits, I have found that my right hand/wrist is lacking in dexterity, e.g. picking up pens, turning cutlery etc. I cannot perceive any real weakness anywhere, but have lost a little strength in the gym - right arm slightly.
Finally, I have had a build up of saliva and a feeling of gagging over the last few days, combined with some lisping - I don't have a lisp - and seem to have a little difficulty with the odd word.

Again, my sincere apologies, I do not wish to waste anyone's time.

Thank you for your consideration/thoughts.

Best,

V

Hi V,
Just wondering if you have consulted a doctor yet about your symptoms? I'm not diagnosed, but being under the care of a doctor has really helped my anxiety!

I wanted to say hi and hope you find some comfort/answers soon :)

Hi T,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I haven't seen a doctor yet, but may go back to London to see one. I hope your anxiety is okay - I sense seeing a doctor may help to bring my stress levels down and put a halt to my Googling!

My very best,

V

Dr. Google will cause you much stress and anxiety. Anxiety will make twitching much worse. You are going to a gym and getting muscle cramps. I would consider dehydration to be a possibility. Nothing you mentioned sounds like als to me. I would kindly suggest seeing your physician for your anxiety and concerns.

Hi Gooseberry,

I really appreciate your input and will be taking your advice.

My very best,

V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back